Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

LF&C 1918 knuckle knife Real or fake

Article about: Hi i was wondering if this knife looks original to you. Also it looks like the gaurd has been ground down. I saw one on another post here that had one side ground down but this one has both

Default LF&C 1918 knuckle knife Real or fake

Hi i was wondering if this knife looks original to you. Also it looks like the gaurd has been ground down. I saw one on another post here that had one side ground down but this one has both sides ground.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LF&C 1918 knuckle knife Real or fake   LF&C 1918 knuckle knife Real or fake  

LF&C 1918 knuckle knife Real or fake   LF&C 1918 knuckle knife Real or fake  

Default Re: LF&C 1918 knuckle knife Real or fake

They made aLot of replica's of these and personally, this one looks like a replica that someone tried to either make into a useable one or else tried to age to look real. The spiked knuckles, for example, are not as sharp and pointed as the originals I've seen and handled. The originals are called "Pyramid Spikes" and these on this one are almost smooth flat bumps. I don't particularly feel good about the porosity of the brass grip either. Most all that I've come across are smooth and professionally made. Landers, Frary & Clark made 119,261 trench knives for WWI(and reissued for WWII) but there's probably easily 10 times that many made years later as replicas. LF&C made tableware also for many many years, so they knew what they were doing. I actually use a set of their mother of pearl handled table knives everyday. This knife looks Way too crude to have been made by them.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

No Comment on the oversized ampersand?

?

Hello Gent's,
    just my opinion but i see nothing wrong with this knuckle duster other than the modifications. these were re issued in ww2 to airborn troops. many had the hand guards cut off so they would fit in an m8 scabbard. i have seen others with the knuckle spikes ground off too. just a personal pref.? the & looks ok to me. the brass texture looks right to me too. but i have one in front of me to compare it to.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LF&C 1918 knuckle knife Real or fake   LF&C 1918 knuckle knife Real or fake  

Now that i look at it it does look like the knuckles were ground off.

Gents I believe this knife to be real. Any dickering over it is mute. The only problem is the missing scabbard but an M8 Scabbard would work.

?

These are nice, but as mentioned shedloads of fakes are around. Hope your knife is original.