Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

local for sale U.S. 1918 trench knife

Article about: hey all, i came across this listing in my local classifieds today for the brass knuckle part of the trench knife. ive bought one of these before and it ended up bein fake so i made sure i as

Default local for sale U.S. 1918 trench knife

hey all, i came across this listing in my local classifieds today for the brass knuckle part of the trench knife. ive bought one of these before and it ended up bein fake so i made sure i asked here first. is it worth anything not being complete? is it hard to find a blade? thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture local for sale U.S. 1918 trench knife   local for sale U.S. 1918 trench knife  

local for sale U.S. 1918 trench knife   local for sale U.S. 1918 trench knife  

?

Looks legit, but someone filed the knuckle points down. Might be a tough project to put together. I'd only bother if it were very inexpensive.

My relatively as-issued example for comparison. Notice the radical knuckle points and always closely examine the font.

Regards,
    John

it is listed at $100 or best reasonable offer, i dont even know where i could find a blade for it either

that's a great snag

?

I've come across one or two with the knuckles completely cut off, that would make a decent restoration if you could find one, and not bad for the price. You need the blade and nut, so a blade alone don't complete it.
    Regards,
    John

ok, did the blades on this manufacturers knife come with a stamp on it like the au lions did? the fake that i have could be disassembled and put on this piece until i find the right parts. anyone know where i could get the blade and nut?

The blade has been removed and the knuckle pyramids ground off, so that some imbecile could make himself a crappy set of brass knuckles-rather than simply buy a normal set. Probably about the best way to do it would be to have a knife maker make and fit a blade into it, but then, at the end of the day, what would you have in any case? It would have no collectable value to it and the only genuine bit to it would be the grip, which has been permanently mutilated. Then, of course, you would Still need to find a Sheath for it. And, yes-the blades were, indeed, marked with US and 1918, etc on them. Personally, I would give this poor thing a wide berth and pass on it. Knuckle duster knives are available and by the time you've done what restoration that Could be done to it, it would be Way past what it might be worth to begin with.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

ok thanks to everyone for all the help! i spoke with the seller and for $60 he was happy and im happy so i ended up taking it. for the price it will still be a good display until i decide what to do with it. if any comes across a blade and the nut let me know!!!

?

Blades are unmarked, only the handle and scabbard are marked.
    Regards,
    John

I'd suggest you contact one of the forum members here, "militariaone". He is probably the best authority on these pieces around.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast