Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 bayonet sheath Greek

Article about: This bayonets were reissued and repaired by the Greek army until mid 80s i think it is a ww2 era piece

Default M1 ww2 bayonet scabbard Greek reissue

This bayonets were reissued and repaired by the Greek army until mid 80s i think it is a ww2 era piece M1 bayonet sheath GreekM1 bayonet sheath GreekM1 bayonet sheath GreekM1 bayonet sheath Greek
    Last edited by GreekMilitaria; 04-06-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Quote by GreekMilitaria View Post
    This bayonets were reissued and repaired by the Greek army until mid 80s i think it is a ww2 era piece ...
    Are you sure ?

I´m looking for informations regarding such bayonets also ...

?

I seem to remember reading that Greek made scabbards with the metal tip are marked E US within the flaming bomb. If they made them to this specification it's possible that this saw Greek service and was repaired with the tip.

They where used by the US army during the war and then after the war near Korea's era they sold them to Greece and we added the metal tip

Hi, mates !

As far as I know the US lend, (not sold), US M1 carbines and US Garand M1 self loading rifles to the Greek in the mid 50´s, also the appendant bayonets.
    Only a few yrs. ago Greece returned the weapons to the US Gvt.

M4 bayonets were manufactured in Greece, M1 bayo´s also ?

Maybe this is an Greeke -made M1 bayonet ?
    It´s hallmarked EN S E_ "flaming bomb" US

I heard that a (serial- ?) number, hallmarked upon the crossguard, is an indication, that such bayonets were issued in the Greek Army.

M1 bayonet sheath GreekM1 bayonet sheath GreekM1 bayonet sheath GreekM1 bayonet sheath GreekM1 bayonet sheath GreekM1 bayonet sheath GreekM1 bayonet sheath GreekM1 bayonet sheath Greek
    Last edited by Reibert; 03-29-2015 at 09:42 AM.

i cant comment further on the origin of the serial number because i am not sure if it is Greek but i think it is and marked after the repair
    US didnt even bother repairing these damaged bayonets

?

I don't think anyone has found any concrete proof about these bayonets. Although, Gary Gunningham does have a very good hypothesis about their origins and use. You can find it here: Bayo_Points_36

Jim

Very good site ! definitely has some information about the bayonet's origin

Quote by Jim P View Post
    I don't think anyone has found any concrete proof about these bayonets. Although, Gary Gunningham does have a very good hypothesis about their origins and use. You can find it here: Bayo_Points_36

Jim
    Thx., Jim !

Found this site:
    Bayo_Points_40
    earlier.