Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Garand Bayonet Help!!!!!

Article about: Hey guys another forum member pointed this out about my m1 garand bayonet. It has 2 rivits on the end of the scabbard and when i looked it up it did not have those 2 rivits. Can anybody help

?

Default M1 Garand Bayonet Help!!!!!

Hey guys another forum member pointed this out about my m1 garand bayonet. It has 2 rivits on the end of the scabbard and when i looked it up it did not have those 2 rivits. Can anybody help.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Garand Bayonet Help!!!!!   M1 Garand Bayonet Help!!!!!  

M1 Garand Bayonet Help!!!!!  

Default Re: M1 Garand Bayonet Help!!!!!

Your scabbard was cut down it was made for the earlier longer bayonet and reduced in size to accommodate the 10 inch blade later on in the war is your bayo cut down also? This is still accurate for a WWII impression but not an early war when they mainly used 16" I believe -Ben

?

Thats what it is thanks. Yeah i figured it was tampered with but i couldnt recall what it was from.
    Thanks AmericanKraut
    Ryan

NCA
    ?

I was under the impression that when the scabbards were cut down it was done from the top end i:e the throat of the scabbard.The metal part was taken off and it was cut down then replaced to accomodate the shortened bayonet.
    I'm thinking its a field repair..Could you post some more pics of the top of the scabbard and the bayonet itself please?

*edit*Ive just seen this post: Military Market Finds You see those notches just at the bottom of the metal part on your scabbard..that proves its not a cut down scabbard as they wouldnt be there if it was a factory done example.