Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

m3 knife, is it genuine

Article about: hi folks seen this for £80, unsure if the the price is fair and the item is genuine so can i get some advice before i buy it or not. i understand this knife is heavily faked/copied

Default m3 knife, is it genuine

hi folks seen this for £80, unsure if the the price is fair and the item is genuine so can i get some advice before i buy it or not.
    i understand this knife is heavily faked/copied
    m3 knife, is it genuine
    m3 knife, is it genuine
    m3 knife, is it genuine
    m3 knife, is it genuine
    m3 knife, is it genuine
    m3 knife, is it genuine

NCA
    ?

Avoid!!This is 110% fake.The blade markings are stamped on the wrong side..pommel..cross guard.. Leather washers on the handle...all wrong.

They are never marked with just 'M3'..they always have a maker mark, sometimes on the blade and crossguard sometimes just the cross guard.The pommel always has the US ordnance mark of a flaming bomb stamped on.The quality is also a lot better than this one!

Have a good look at these threads M3 TRENCH KNIFE & SCABBARDS - U.S. Militaria Forum You might just get lucky at a Mil fair and get a genuine one for £80...maybe a bit more.Whatever you do, don't buy this one!

Thank you, glad i asked first.

Indeed. These have been reproduced since the 1970's.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Could have brought a plane load of them back from Norway back in the day as they used them there too.