Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......

Article about: Hi, mates ! Out of an liquidation of an "ethnic" collection of knives, spears, swords, bows and arrows, and so on, from Africa, India, Afghanistan, and from other countries, I boug

Question Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......

Hi, mates !

Out of an liquidation of an "ethnic" collection of knives, spears, swords, bows and arrows, and so on, from Africa, India, Afghanistan, and from other countries, I bought this Kukri.

IMHO this one is not an cheesy tourist imitation, am I right ?

This Kukri shows not that good condition but I think, it´s collectible actually.

I´m curious, in what timeframe my Kukri was manufactured, and, is it possible, that this knife was military issued ?
    But, cannot find any stamps upon the blade and hilt ...

The frog looks "military" to me.

Thx. in advance,
    R.

Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......

Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......

I would say that it is a private purchase kukri with a military frog. I have seen it where Gurkhas have kept their issue kukri for parades etc and then purchased another for field use, this looks like one of those, especially with the military frog. I have also observed that private purchase knives are slightly smaller then the issue versions, as this one looks to be.

Thx. a lot, I really do appreciate !

Any further informations requested, (for example, somebody knows the maker of the frog ?), Thx. in advance !

I am not an expert at all with these but the military ones that I
    have seen, use a 2 piece handle that is screwed or riveted to the blade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ...... 
    Last edited by Chopperman; 08-24-2016 at 04:43 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The military are always marked on the blade the early normal have a year and arrow stamp and the ones issued in the 1970s to 1990s normal have Nepal and the year it was made

Thx.