Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mint 1942 US M-1 Bayonet

Article about: When I first got this, I thought it must be a repro, however after showing photos to a well known American Dealer, collector ect. He tells me it is correct. M-1 Bayonets are not uncommon, ra

?

Default Mint 1942 US M-1 Bayonet

When I first got this, I thought it must be a repro, however after showing photos to a well known American Dealer, collector ect.
    He tells me it is correct. M-1 Bayonets are not uncommon, rather common indeed, however due to the condition of this one, I thought I would show it.

This has been in a collection for more than 40s, or so I am told, and I do know where it came from.

But just to be sure, I would like the thoughts of others here that know more than I do, perhaps I was lied too, but everything else I have gotten from this collection has been right.

Dean O
    Canada

Mint 1942 US  M-1 BayonetMint 1942 US  M-1 BayonetMint 1942 US  M-1 BayonetMint 1942 US  M-1 Bayonet

?

Dean could you take some photos outside in the day light and could we see some photos of the whole thing . Its hard to tell from your photos. Gary

?

I will try, but not today as it is dull and rainy, and I am going away for a couple of days, the GF wants to do the tourist thing in Niagira Falls, something I have never done, but as she lets me have the house full of this sort of thing...OK "lets do it"

Thank you

DEan

?

I don't know if you were lied to or he just didn't know what he was talking about in relation to US bayonets, but this is, most definitely, a reproduction. This is the reproduction that Atlanta Cutlery and IMA-USA sell from their catalogs.

Jim

?

Thank you, that kind hurts..but the truth is the truth.

Dean O