Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My New M1 Garand Bayonet and others

Article about: Very Nice!

Default My New M1 Garand Bayonet and others

Gents,

Happy to report that after posting an advertisement of my interest in militaria, these soon arrived. I have really never been a bayonet collector, however, the Garand Bayonet sparked my interest and the client had the two German edged weapons also and I decided to buy all three.

The Garand bayonet is made from WWI Springfield Armory issued stock cut down to the 10" size prescribed by Uncle Sam for WWII issue.

The German bayonet is a Dress Bayonet manufactured by Puma and was a bit tough to unsheath. I applied a little gun oil and it releases much better.

Lastly is the Salty/De-nazified Hitler Youth Knife. This little piece has probably seen more use when it came Stateside.. LOL!

Enjoy!

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New M1 Garand Bayonet and others   My New M1 Garand Bayonet and others  

My New M1 Garand Bayonet and others   My New M1 Garand Bayonet and others  

Default Re: My New M1 Garand Bayonet and others

Very nice bayos and HJ blade. I like those cut down bayos. That bayo has been around along time, and got a second chance at poking somebody. I really like the fiberglass sheath, has that typical G.I. Joe look. Thanks for showing.

Jay

Jay,

Thanks for your comments. I never have been an edged weapon collector but that is what drew me to the purchase was the WWI issued blade retrofitted for a Second World War use!

Neat little group !

The M1 is particularly nice. The German ones, although not exactly
    in the best condition, are still good original pieces !

It's very easy to get hooked on blades !

Congrats on your find !

Regards, Steve.

Steve,
    They've got the been there and done that look. They certainly tell a story... Like I have been sitting in a garage for 65 years.. Ha Ha.

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    Steve,
    They've got the been there and done that look. They certainly tell a story... Like I have been sitting in a garage for 65 years.. Ha Ha.
    That they do, and I bet you're tickled over them ! !

Did you have an idea of price before you dove in ?
    Hopefully you got a good deal.

Regards, Steve.

I had a bit of a clue to what I wanted to spend and was able to make a deal. It all worked out for the good....

Gents,
    It it at all possible to find a replacement (original) HJ emblem for the handle?

Nice group. They certainly do grow on you. I got a Viet Nam era pilots knife for next to nothing awhile back, next thing I know I have to have a WW two knife so I found a USN Mark2, but I really liked the look of the M3 so I had to find one of those, Now I've got 3 knives and the plot keeps thickening. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Mike

Mike, I certainly come to realize that these could multiply quickly. Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,

Joel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast