MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

no 5 Bayonet

Article about: been after one of these for a while now, and came upon this one is a vintage clothing / furniture shop.

?

Default no 5 Bayonet

been after one of these for a while now, and came upon this one is a vintage clothing / furniture shop.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture no 5 Bayonet   no 5 Bayonet  

no 5 Bayonet   no 5 Bayonet  

no 5 Bayonet   no 5 Bayonet  

Nice find

These are getting hard to locate.

Does it look as if the blade has been polished and gloss black applied to the pommel etc?

The reason I ask is because prior to the introduction of the SA80 when the good old SLR strode the earth these bayonets were used on parade by the bandsmen of the Brigade of Guards (they fit the L1A2 SMG) and of course were duly "tarted up".

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Not sure if the pommel has been painted , the metal work has a blacked painted finish , the only others I have seen on the net also appear to have the same , as this is the first one I have had in my hand I can't say if the black finish is correct or not. Sorry for the lack of a good answer. What finish should the metal work have, would they be chemically blacked or blued

Nice bayo, I've seen very dark blue blades but not black. Your gem looks like the majority of #5's I've seen. I've been wanting to buy one of these for 20 years. My jungle carbine is the only rifle in my collection that I don't have a bayo for. I need to get motivated.

?

It was one of those finds that never happen to me, I nearly bought one off a local dealer the day before finding this one but the muzzle ring had snapped off ,but was still tempted as I had been looking for a while. Then I find this one in a junk shop, only downside is he had a ww1 German saw back in the same cabinet , but funds didn't allow for both, fingers crossed it will still be there come pay day.