Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No.50-52 Commando Knuckleduster Knife

Article about: I went to a 40th. wedding anniversary last night and a great friend of mine gave me the knife shown below. It is a knuckle knife used in the Middle East by No.50-52 Commando. A strange thing

Default No.50-52 Commando Knuckleduster Knife

I went to a 40th. wedding anniversary last night and a great friend of mine gave me the knife shown below. It is a knuckle knife used in the Middle East by No.50-52 Commando.
    A strange thing to give to someone at a wedding anniversary but very welcome nevertheless. On handling it I began to think what a usless design it was, very heavy, very restricted in how you held it and overall very crude. The best thing about it is its leather sheath, very very well made and much too good for the knife. John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No.50-52 Commando Knuckleduster Knife   No.50-52 Commando Knuckleduster Knife  

?

Default Re: No.50-52 Commando Knuckleduster Knife

OK you keep the sheath and send me the Knife.LOL Gary

My kind of gift Nice one.

US collectors gave this the name of the "Deathshead Knife". If you look at it the other way up from the pics, it looks like a skull's eyes & nose sockets. No doubt you have heard about the Indian Prince who had some commisioned after the war for his wedding.

I agree with you about the practicalities of using the knife. They look dramatic and nasty but not that handy.

Cheers, Ade.

What a wonderfull gift.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi John,
    What a gift, i wouldnt say no, If im right i think the U.K, government banned these from being made in Britain i cant remember the reason. but they are a rare knife and vey sort after.
    and Ade is right they are known as the deaths head knife.
    dave

?

hi John , that is a fantastic , rare , fighting knife , i love it and congrats on a great gift

cheers Al

?

Nice one !!!

.. At least you had something to cut the cake with !!

Gary J.

WOW !!! Im green with envy !! :P I wish I had friends like yours .... I have been on the lookout for one of these for ages but havent managed to find one sobs
    Well dne you must be very pleased with it
    Tim

?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    OK you keep the sheath and send me the Knife.LOL Gary
    LOL,You beat me to the punchline!..and as stated a VERY rare knife

Thanks for all your comments on the knife. Yes John is a good friend of mine for 40 odd years, he is a registered firearms dealer and comes up with some interesting stuff. He also gave me a No.32 Mk.1 sniper scope that a farmer had on a .22 rifle which he traded in to John.
    I understand all your interest in this brutal looking knife and its rarety but what surprises me nobody has picked up on the SOE tyre slashing knife in my post on British army jack knives. It is much rarer than the knuckle knife and very sought after.
    Therein lies another bargan, £ 3.50 at a carboot sale. No B*** S***. John.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast