Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Leenfield MK2 bayonet Africa WW2?

Article about: hello guys here is my new Bayonet from the british Leenfield Can someone help me to identify it Regards from Bavaria Bavarian

Default Original Leenfield MK2 bayonet Africa WW2?

hello guys
    here is my new Bayonet from the british Leenfield
    Can someone help me to identify it
    Regards from Bavaria
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Leenfield MK2 bayonet Africa WW2?   Original Leenfield MK2 bayonet Africa WW2?  

Original Leenfield MK2 bayonet Africa WW2?   Original Leenfield MK2 bayonet Africa WW2?  

Original Leenfield MK2 bayonet Africa WW2?   Original Leenfield MK2 bayonet Africa WW2?  

?

Hello,

You have a No4 MkII* bayonet made by Singer (N67) for use with the Lee Enfield No4 rifle with a No4 MkI scabbard made by Vanden Plas (Eng) 1923 Ltd. (S.286). The yellow paint is not standard.

Alex

?

My personal opinion is that the yellow paint is post war, these bayonets are only 10 inches long and out of all the gear a soldier could paint, he paints his bayonet? I am not saying that he could not have painted many objects, but I find it pretty strange.

Don't take my opinion seriously, I am just sharing my thoughts on the topic.

I purchased a job lot of similar bayonets (still have 2 or 3 left) all had this same thick overcoat of "desert" paint, so I believe that this was something that was done on a relatively large scale. Whether it was done post- war or not though I have no idea.