Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Post WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer Sword

Article about: Hello all I've had this post US M1852 Navy Officer Sword for about 10 years. Its in near mint condition complete with knot, soft bag and hard case. The sword is marked FABRICA BERMEJO TOLEDO

?

Default Post WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer Sword

Hello all

I've had this post US M1852 Navy Officer Sword for about 10 years. Its in near mint condition complete with knot, soft bag and hard case. The sword is marked FABRICA BERMEJO TOLEDO SPAIN and is engraved to DR. Z. M. PRANE JR. The hard case has a hand written tag to Michael Prane and a MAC tag (which I think is a Military Airlift Command luggage tag) from Rota, Spain which was a US Naval Station to Hamburg Germany.

I finally did some research about 6 months ago and I believe the sword once belonged to Dr Zenon Michael Prane Jr. who was a US Navy Lieutenant and dentist who served between 1970 - 1973 on the aircraft carrier USS Intrepid.

I did a Google search and found this blog on Pintrest by a military writer who whilst touring the USS Intrepid located a letter addressed to Dr Z M Prane Jr from his wife in 1973 which I found really interesting. (its pic number 10) Deep Belowdecks Aboard The USS Intrepid on Pinterest

After some more digging I think Dr Prane is or recently was a dentist in the Illinois area and I tried to contact him via Facebook for some more information but I didn't get any reply so its a dead end for now.

I guess I'm just putting this on in the hope that he or one of his family members sees this and gets in touch as I would love some more info on his military service.

Hope you guys like the sword, its one of my favourite items.

Alex
    Post WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer SwordPost WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer SwordPost WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer SwordPost WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer SwordPost WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer SwordPost WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer SwordPost WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer SwordPost WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer SwordPost WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer SwordPost WW2 US M1852 Navy Officer Sword

Hello, This is my father’s sword, he was a dentist in the navy, he passed away a year ago.

?

Hello Ekkomouse,

I see you joined the forum last year but I never saw your initial post. As mentioned I tried to contact your father via Facebook messager 7 or 8 years ago but never got a response (new messages from unknown contacts go into a junk folder). I would love to find out some info about your father’s service. Feel free to private message me if you don’t want to post publicly. Sorry to hear about your fathers passing.

Alex