Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Presto Switch Blade

Article about: I'm glad it worked out for you Gary. I didn't think he wanted to sell it when he talked to me but it looks like it has a good home now. Burt

Default Presto Switch Blade

I had a gentelman who was looking at my museum at the Oregon International Airshow 2 weekends ago and asked me to help him get some information on this Presto Switch Blade. He got it from his Uncle, Private First Class John D. Edwards of the 101st Airborne Division 506th PIR 3rd Bn. Any information you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks

Burt
    Presto Switch BladePresto Switch BladePresto Switch BladePresto Switch BladePresto Switch BladePresto Switch BladePresto Switch BladePresto Switch Blade

Default Re: Presto Switch Blade

Hi Burt,
    I believe these were issued to U.S. paratroopers during WW II.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I think i might be wrong but someone else can correct me but i think the main priority usage of the presto knife was that the paratroopers could cut there parachute cords and anything else if they get entangled or any sorts of accident occurs while jumping.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    I think i might be wrong but someone else can correct me but i think the main priority usage of the presto knife was that the paratroopers could cut there parachute cords and anything else if they get entangled or any sorts of accident occurs while jumping.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    That is why they are automatic knives, made for opening with one hand. Just like the Fallschirmjägers had gravity knives.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Oooohhh - Beautiful knife ! - and with bone scales ! These can be worth quite a lot,
    but value also depends on how well it works.........

Paratrooper Knife ?
    Regards,

Steve.

THanks for all of your replies. I'll pass the info on to the owner. I'm sure he appreciates the comments.

Thanks
    Burt

?

I'm now the owner of this great knife. I would like to thank Joe and Burt for helping me get this knife . Gary

Good stuff Gary ! - Jigged bone examples do not come up that often
    and your new knife is really super - Congrats.........!

Unfortunately, these are illegal where I live.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve I'm very happy with this knife. I cleaned it up a little and it looks awsome . Here in ny you can only have them if your in law enforcement of a trapper checking your trap line . Gary

?

a few new photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Presto Switch Blade   Presto Switch Blade  

Presto Switch Blade   Presto Switch Blade  

Presto Switch Blade  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast