Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Ques Collection -- No4 MkII & MkII*

Article about: Hello, this is my first post in this section. I have received tons of knowledge and tips in the helmet section. I'm looking forward to doing the same in this one. I have three No4 MkII bayon

Que
    ?

Default Ques Collection -- No4 MkII & MkII*

Hello, this is my first post in this section. I have received tons of knowledge and tips in the helmet section. I'm looking forward to doing the same in this one.

I have three No4 MkII bayonets that I have questions on. Two of them I believe are Canadian (Long Branch stamp) Can some one confirm this for me? My second question is on the scabbard. I Picked that scabbard and bayonet up yesterday at a surplus store. My questions on this one is is this the correct type of scabbard for this type of bayonet, and can anyone make out what is stamped on the back. I can only make out a year (i Think). I'm not going to say what i think it says so as not put a number in your heads as you look at it. I will tell after you have a stab at it. By the way, I have rubbed blue chalk dust into the stampings so they show up better in the pic. It wipes right off when I'm done. No bayonets were harmed in the shooting of this post.

Ques Collection --  No4 MkII & MkII*Ques Collection --  No4 MkII & MkII*Ques Collection --  No4 MkII & MkII*Ques Collection --  No4 MkII & MkII*Ques Collection --  No4 MkII & MkII*Ques Collection --  No4 MkII & MkII*

My final questions are on the third bayonet with out the scabbard. It has some additional stamps on them that I'm not familiar with. One side is stamped No4 MkII* with P.S.K there is also a round dot stamped right above the M. The other side is stamped with two letters (I think F.F or P.P) followed by Arabic lettering. What is the story on this one?

Ques Collection --  No4 MkII & MkII*Ques Collection --  No4 MkII & MkII*

Last Question, does any have a good link to a site theat would show British bayonet markings and what the proper scabbards are for them. I found a thread on this site that had a link but the page not longer existed.

Thank for taking a look and i look forward to hearing what you have to say.
    Q

NCA
    ?

the frogs are Canadian..look to be 50's dated.
    Heres a great link to spike bayonets. Britain - No. 4 Spike Bayonets

Que
    ?

Yeah, That the date I see. What tells you the frog is Canadian? Do you have an awesome link to id frogs (not the kind that go ribit, for all you joksters)

NCA
    ?

The frog has the 'broad arrow' within a C...that's the Canadian mark seen on webbing ect.South African webbing has a 'U' and arrow for instance.Karkee web has info on frogs if you dig deep!

?

Quote by Que View Post
    Yeah, That the date I see. What tells you the frog is Canadian? Do you have an awesome link to id frogs (not the kind that go ribit, for all you joksters)

Nice set of spike bayonets, and I agree with the 1950's dates.

The Canadian MoD stamp is, (usually), the standard "Crows foot" /l\ inside a capital C

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

- - ------- - -

Quote by NCA View Post
    The frog has the 'broad arrow' within a C...that's the Canadian mark seen on webbing ect.South African webbing has a 'U' and arrow for instance.Karkee web has info on frogs if you dig deep!

Beat me to it!!

Quote by Que View Post

My final questions are on the third bayonet with out the scabbard. It has some additional stamps on them that I'm not familiar with. One side is stamped No4 MkII* with P.S.K there is also a round dot stamped right above the M. The other side is stamped with two letters (I think F.F or P.P) followed by Arabic lettering. What is the story on this one?

Ques Collection --  No4 MkII & MkII*Ques Collection --  No4 MkII & MkII*

Last Question, does any have a good link to a site theat would show British bayonet markings and what the proper scabbards are for them. I found a thread on this site that had a link but the page not longer existed.

Thank for taking a look and i look forward to hearing what you have to say.
    Q
    The marking on the Prince-Smith & Stells No.4 MKII* is F F & S LD which is Fred Fisher & Sons Ltd who were subcontractors and made the socket for Prince-Smith & Stells.

I have a few pictures of No.4 Spikes, Scabbards & their markings on my website. The page is...

No.4 Spike Bayonets...