Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rarest of the rare

Article about: Reibert, You could be right,lets wait and see.hopfully not too long for us!

Default Rarest of the rare

Not one to yank me own chain,but cast your eyes on this little gem.Came from a recent house clearance.PERMISSION TO DROOL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rarest of the rare   Rarest of the rare  

Rarest of the rare  

Default Re: Rarest of the rare

I've got some hen's teeth if you want to swap!

I've only ever seen one of these before, looks to be in great condition.

?

Oh, nice.

A
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hi'Guys, some age discolouration but in perfect condition there is a god!!!!!!

Do you have any info from the house clearance that might relate to a possible owner?

Not at the moment but working on it.The guy has sadly passed on but may be the original owner.may be hard to find details on SOE personnel in Northern Ireland,but i feel out of respect i have to try.

Pretty nice and rare gravity knife, congrats !

The charge for manufacturing this clone of the Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe 1937-pattern gravity knife was accorded to the cutlery-factory of George Ibberson & Co.Ltd., Sheffield.
    Contracting authority: "Experimental Station 6", (an appropriate subbranch of the Ministry of supply), responsible for placing of orders for equipment for commando-troops.

The first consignment had an size of order of 30.000 pcs., (no makers marks, stamped upon the blade !), others followed, (the logo of the maker, a violin, the lettering of the maker and C.O.S.D., for Command Supply Depot, and a number, stamped upon the blade).

Also the company of Joseph Rogers in Sheffield was charged to manufacture such gravity knives.

Ibberson and Rodgers manufactured app. 150.000 pcs., (quantity not confirmed), of this gravity knife.

Source:
    DWJ, (Deutsches Waffenjournal 12/2002).

NCA
    ?

Cor!Nice.I thought they were a myth, only talked about in hushed tones in dark alleyways.

Not jealous.No.Not one bit.

Very nice find indeed! Just out of curiosity what might the value be on such an item? If a monetary tag is possible.

NCA
    ?

Quote by Rigormortis View Post
    Very nice find indeed! Just out of curiosity what might the value be on such an item? If a monetary tag is possible.
    Here: http://www.regimentals.co.uk/viewpho...h=54869&phqu=5

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast