Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sanderson 1907 recent purchase

Article about: Hi. I recently picked up this Sanderson 1907. Stamped 8 16(1916 August I think) and last inspection on the other side of the ricasso is 1928. Scabbard is marked "OA" and leather se

Default Sanderson 1907 recent purchase

Hi. I recently picked up this Sanderson 1907. Stamped 8 16(1916 August I think) and last inspection on the other side of the ricasso is 1928. Scabbard is marked "OA" and leather section '42(I can't quite make out the maker). It's in very nice shape.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sanderson 1907 recent purchase   Sanderson 1907 recent purchase  

Sanderson 1907 recent purchase   Sanderson 1907 recent purchase  

Default Re: Sanderson 1907 recent purchase

That's in really nice shape, and you're right about the date. The scabbard is Australian, the writing says MANGROVITE, the material it was made from and OA I think is Lithgow, that would be the manufacturer.

I've always liked these big heavy brutes of bayonets. Yours in in Excellent condition! Nice purchase!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

4md
    ?

Nice Sanderson bayonet, I have a similar one that is OA marked on the scabbard. Does yours have slaz, or slazenger written on the wood handle inserts, this is also an aussie maker.

OA stands for Orange which was a feeder factory that opened up during the second world war in Orange, New south wales. They made parts for Lithgow rifles

regards Paul

Quote by 4md View Post
    Nice Sanderson bayonet, I have a similar one that is OA marked on the scabbard. Does yours have slaz, or slazenger written on the wood handle inserts, this is also an aussie maker.

OA stands for Orange which was a feeder factory that opened up during the second world war in Orange, New south wales. They made parts for Lithgow rifles

regards Paul
    Hi. Nothing marked on the grips but the seller did say this was issued in Australia.

Nice bayonet and scabbard. getting harder to find in good condition. Watch the prices go up next year. Who owns the leg?