Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schrade M2 knives?

Article about: Hi! I got these knives, \\$225 for both and was wondering which era they are from? looking around the web, I've seen people say they were post war and I've also seen people say they were WW2 e

?

Default Schrade M2 knives?

Hi!
    I got these knives, $225 for both and was wondering which era they are from? looking around the web, I've seen people say they were post war and I've also seen people say they were WW2 era. I don't know which is which. Thanks
    John
    Schrade M2 knives?Schrade M2 knives?Schrade M2 knives?Schrade M2 knives?Schrade M2 knives?Schrade M2 knives?

Greetings John,

The black handled one is a Schrade model # 1544 and the brown handled one is a Schrade model # G1543 “Hunter’s Pride.” The Hunter’s Pride is missing its swing-guard (the hole in the blade’s ricasso is where it once attached). Black one is no earlier 1945 or 1946 depending on your cited source, the Hunter’s Pride was made from the early 40s to 1958. Neither are military issue, but may have been available in a PX or mail order catalog for a GI to purchase/order. Take those model numbers and do your own Google search for further info. In the condition they are you did not get burnt at your purchase price, but I doubt you would double your money without some serious restoration efforts.

Regards,

Lance

?

Wow! Thank you for the insight, lance! I really like these knives and the fact that they are somewhat like the M2. I think I'll just leave these alone and add them to my collection! thanks again!
    John

Happy to share the info John. I'm not much of a pocket knife collector, but I always have room for another Schrade switchblade variant.

Regards,

Lance

Schrade M2 knives?

?

This is my M2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schrade M2 knives?   Schrade M2 knives?  

Schrade M2 knives?   Schrade M2 knives?  

Schrade M2 knives?  

?

Beautiful collection!!

Very nice knives.
    All I have managed to find is a couple of the later
    orange handled ones.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Yep, I do the MC-1s too. In another 50 years they may actually get scarce