Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral Highlanders

Article about: This wee sgain was commissioned by King Edward V11 in 1903. The King commissioned The silversmith William Robb of Ballater to make 25 sets of uniform accessories, cap badge, plaid broach, be

?

Default Sgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral Highlanders

This wee sgain was commissioned by King Edward V11 in 1903. The King commissioned The silversmith William Robb of Ballater to make 25 sets of uniform accessories, cap badge, plaid broach, belt buckle, sporran, sgain dubh ,dirk, and shoe buckles. Link explains for anyone interested. http://www.incorporationofgoldsmiths...ighlanders.pdfSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral Highlanders

CBH
    ?

A lovely Dagger you have there , welcome to the forum .
    Cheers Chris

?

I really like Scottish Items especially the whiskey.

Great piece. Love the engraving.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Wow, something I'd want in my collection of blades!

Can you retake the first pic and third pics (or almost all of them) so that they are sharp and not blurry? This is a really neat piece, would like to see better pics, thx.

?

I'll get right on that for you

?

Ok, I hope these are better quality, Ive also included a shot of my Queens own Cameron Highlanders Dirk and a early Blackwatch sporran (1908)

Sgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral HighlandersSgain Dubh ... 1903 Balmoral Highlanders

Wow man, that thing is a knockout!

Awesome items, seldom seen, thx much for posting

The handles are wood?

Where's my manners?

Céad míle fáilte. Welcome to the forum!

?

lol Thanks, I think the wee dagger could be ebony, Its wood, black and hard as hell. The Dirk is also wood but has been colored in some way. There is a little wear to the back side and a lighter wood is showing through. they used rosewood, and african blackwood alot, ive seen sgains with oak and horn handles as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast