Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knife

Article about: Hi, mates ! Got some blades today, among them a british diver´s knife. As far as I found out this is the last pattern diver´s knife, manufactured by SIEBE GORMANN & Co., manufactured abo

Default SIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knife

Hi, mates !

Got some blades today, among them an englisch pattern diver´s knife.

As far as I found out this is the last pattern diver´s knife, manufactured by SIEBE GORMANN & Co., produced about 1960, and , allegedly, in use in the Dutch Army till the 80´s.
    Anybody can confirm ?

Was this last pattern diver´s knife, manufactured by SIEBE GORMAN & Co., also in use in the British Navy actually ?

Please, apologize my naive question´s, but, I´m not firm in collecting british blades and my knowledge in commonwealth blank weapon´s is pretty poor ...

Thx. in advance,
    R.

SIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knifeSIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knifeSIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knifeSIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knifeSIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knifeSIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knifeSIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knifeSIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knifeSIEBE GORMAN & Co. diving knife
    Last edited by Reibert; 06-12-2016 at 09:39 PM.

as used by all hard hat divers.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    as used by all hard hat divers.
    OK, this particular, last pattern, SIEBE GORMANN & Co. diver´s knife was used in the British Navy by when, (from when until when) ? ...

SRB
    ?

What's with the bolt?

factory fitted or subsequently?

Quote by SRB View Post
    What's with the bolt?

Looks OK to me !

Pity, that in a "Brit" forum doesn´t came more on information´s regarding a "brit" blank weapon so far ...

Quote by SRB View Post
    What's with the bolt?

That bolt and leather strap are not actually part of the scabbard and would likely be the owners invention. The scabbard had only the slot in the metal, it was not issued with any attached strap.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    That bolt and leather strap are not actually part of the scabbard and would likely be the owners invention. The scabbard had only the slot in the metal, it was not issued with any attached strap.

Regards

Mark
    Really ? ...

Siebe, Gorman Knives History

English diving knifes

Found this, old, thread:

Divers knife