Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some of my blades

Article about: by Walkwolf Very nice collection of US knives and bayonets......... I can answer Corey's question about the lower knife in the first photo, just by looking at the knife - it is indeed a 'PAL

Default Some of my blades

USN Mk1 knives.

Sweet little knives with a bazillion variants. Aluminum, bakelite, wood, and God only knows what other materials were used for their pommels. These are aluminum and bakelite. I have a wood one somewhere but could not find it today.

Some have fairly dainty, thin, blades and others have pretty beefy blades. These two are beefy. I have a thin one that was in shit state, so it is being redone soon. Some have leather sheaths, but most have the fiberglass as shown here. The Mk1 was my first love in Military blades.

Default Re: Some of my blades

Here are two more WW2 era knives, a couple of Ka-Bars. These have the pommels pinned on with the full length pin. Both are in very nice shape, with tight handles, but what is really amazing is that both sheaths are the very early stapled variety and are in excellent to perfect condition. The top knife has been polished to a shiny finish, but is in great shape. It's sheath is in perfect condition.

One of my first blades was a mk 1, they are great knives. Does the lower blade in the first picture have any markings on the ricasso?

Corey

And here is my Case folding machete. These were issued to aircrews over CBI mostly. Solidly made. Usually, they are missing the sheet metal blade guard, but mine came with it. Yay me.

These are cool because they actually have a liner lock for the folder. I got this from a woman selling her dad's WW2 stuff. Crazy.

- - Updated - -

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    One of my first blades was a mk 1, they are great knives. Does the lower blade in the first picture have any markings on the ricasso?

Corey
    I don't remember, Corey. I think it is very lightly stamped "USN" on one side, and is a PAL iirc. Let me check it.

- - Updated - -

1904 Hospital Bolo.

These were issued in WW1 to field hospitals to clear brush and chop down trees. After the war they were given to the USFS for the same purpose. The original belt hanger was a Krag style metal hanger. This was a later Forrest Service mod.

Mine was actually made in 1904, making one of the first. The cap on the end of the handle is brass, and is usually missing.

USAF Survival knife and Korea era M4 (M1 Carbine) bayo.

The leather sheath for the M4 is a repro, but the M8 scabbard is an early M8 (as opposed to the M8A1). It has no wire hook hanger and the belt hanger is shorter than the M8A1. These are rare and very hard to find. Got the M4 from a hippy at the swap meet. Very cheap.

- - Updated - -

Some misc U.S. bayonets.

On the left is an M6 for the M14.
    Top is a pristine M7 for the M16. Mint and unissued. I have a ton of these well used, but this is the only unissued one I've seen.
    Bottom is a Korean M4 for the M1 Carbine and one of their plastic scabbards.
    On the right is a Korean War era M5 short bayo for the M1 Garand.

A variety of M1 Garand bayos.

Top-Korean era 1942 long bayo shortened. These are the original M5 bayos. You can see that it was shortened by the fuller (blood groove) going to the tip.

Original 1905 bayonet for the 1903 Springfield and later M1 Garand. This was made in 1907 and shows the blued blade as ordered during WW1. Scabbard is an original, though in rough shape, and with the late war wire hanger added. Most were scrapped for WW2. These have gotten CRAZY expensive and collectible.

Korean era M5A1 short bayo.

Missing is one of the 10", but I can't find it. Sorry.

- - Updated - -

1917 Eddystone Enfield bayonets.

Both here are in really great shape. The top one has the correct scabbard that has almost all of it's original green paint intact. You can see that is has the U.S. wire hanger, instead of the British 1907 pattern that requires a frog, though they were issued with Brit scabbards commonly. These are the same blade as the British 1907 pattern bayonet, but adapted to the British P14 and U.S. 1917 Enfields. These also fit the various trench shotguns used by the U.S. even through the Vietnam era. Both of these are WW1 vintage.

For some reason, the parade bayonets are never seen with scabbards. This parade bayonet actually has British proof marks that have been crossed out and restamped with U.S. markings. It is an early war blade.

The Vietnam era versions are plastic handles and fiberglass scabbards.

Very nice collection of US knives and bayonets.........

I can answer Corey's question about the lower knife in the first photo,
    just by looking at the knife - it is indeed a 'PAL' MK1 ( RH-35 ).
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Very nice collection of US knives and bayonets.........

I can answer Corey's question about the lower knife in the first photo,
    just by looking at the knife - it is indeed a 'PAL' MK1 ( RH-35 ).
    It is definitely a PAL RH35, but I can't remember if it is stamped Mk1. I think it is, but will check in a bit.

Here are some SMLE 1907 bayonets.

An original WW1 web frog on the middle one, as well as no clearance hole in the pommel.

Bottom one is in really nice shape and still shows the clean, two toned blade.

?

That is a very nice collection friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast