Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sword Bamboo Canes

Article about: Hi all, Just after a bit of advice. I have been offered 2 Bamboo Canes with a concealed, 6 sided sword inside. I am off to view them this afternoon so can provide more pics. I was just wonde

Hi Vicky,

Certainly worth a look i'd say. Don't forget to post some pic's with something as a scale for reference as to approximate length and try and get shots of any engraving or insignia markings. The metal tops needn't be silver and hallmarked as many of these were carried by OR's of some regiments during the early 20th century until at least the 30's and were made from nickel or other white metal. These could be interesting!

Regards, Ned
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheers Ned. Regiment wise, there is a post war queens gurkha signals and the second is a transjordan frontier force with the kings crown.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Cheers Ned. Regiment wise, there is a post war queens gurkha signals and the second is a transjordan frontier force with the kings crown.
    In that case they are very likely the real deal imo. These outfits would typically carry something of this nature and the fact that they are made using white metal/nickel hardware rather than silver is atypical. It now boils down to condition and how much the vendor is asking for them.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheers Ned, i have no idea on value so will just see what they want for them. What would you consider a good price? I noticed a transjordan cap badge sold for 125 recently

The seller also says that they are points/spikes and not blades which makes me suspicious bearing in mind the previous comments.

- - Updated - -

The seller also says that they are points/spikes and not blades which makes me suspicious bearing in mind the previous comments.

Heres a looksy at some TJFF cavalry squadron troops complete with sticks/crops that could have been either horse or camel mounted. The force was founded in 1928 and disbanded in 1948, it was staffed by British officers.

Name:  3-TJFF-sml.gif
Views: 102
Size:  73.5 KB

Cheers Ned! I will upload some pics of them at 5ish hopefully.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Cheers Ned, i have no idea on value so will just see what they want for them. What would you consider a good price? I noticed a transjordan cap badge sold for 125 recently
    I have seen swagger sticks sell recently in the 35-75 region depending on the regiment and condition, but the fact these are bladed may affect that price guide I guess. I have bought a nice silver topped swagger stick for my dads old regiment the 12th Royal Lancers for my brothers birthday present and paid 50 at auction for that.

?

There's a very exclusive shop in London that sell all types of canes, swagger sticks and even sword canes plus its advertised on the bill board outside, I daresay these are antiques, but the more modern ones are classed as offensive weapons,but it really only becomes an offensive weapon in a public place,otherwise you could'nt own bayonets, samurai swords or daggers, I would think that provided you are happy with any purchase you intend to make and that you don't go waving it about in the street like Sherlock Holmes, plus take them straight home and display them, then no one would have an issue,but by rights it is still illegal to sell them under the law, if not antiques

Here are some pictures of the Transjordan Frontier Force stick.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5786.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	564001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5783.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	214.2 KB 
ID:	564002  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5782.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	564003  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast