Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts, war or post war knife.

Article about: So I have been on the look for one of these for sometime now and found this one on ebay and had to take a chance. I am not sure though if it is WW2 or post war. Either way I am happy to have

?

Default Thoughts, war or post war knife.

So I have been on the look for one of these for sometime now and found this one on ebay and had to take a chance. I am not sure though if it is WW2 or post war. Either way I am happy to have it just if it is post war I will have to keep watching is all. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Thoughts, war or post war knife.Thoughts, war or post war knife.Thoughts, war or post war knife.Thoughts, war or post war knife.Thoughts, war or post war knife.

Looks very similar to a WWII-era jack knife. It was almost certainly made by one of the same companies that manufactured utility knives for the British Army, though when would be hard to say. It has the look of age about it, though. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a period piece. Not standard issue, unless you can find a W.D broad arrow on it somewhere. It could have been a privately purchased knife, paid for by a soldier out of his own pocket.

Below is one of my WWII jack knives, manufactured by Warriss of Sheffield. You can see the similarities with this one, especially the grip and lanyard loop.

Regards, B.B.

?

It is in the pattern referred as Military Pattern Locking Blade, and was issued to commandos, SOE and airdropped into Europe, with later version having the addition of the tire slasher. From my understanding these were never broadarrow marked. I also know they were made after the war commercially but all that I have found have had a 2nd blade, or a tire slasher but I haven't found a single blade version, were they made with a single blade postwar? or did I just get lucky?

It seems you know more about these knives than I do! I'll have to defer this to one of the resident blade boffins, as I'm afraid I've no idea.

Regards, B.B.

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    It seems you know more about these knives than I do! I'll have to defer this to one of the resident blade boffins, as I'm afraid I've no idea.

Regards, B.B.
    No worries, I didn't even think to look at the non marlin spiked jack knife so I didn't notice it had the same single pin construction, which gives me more hope.
    Thanks