Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

TOTE hatchet which is engraved to Hiawatha Tribe No. 36 Imp. O.R.M

Article about: I found this TOTE hatchet which is engraved to Hiawatha Tribe No. 36 Imp. Order of Red Men. I found this at an estate sale in my area which is Pennsylvania. I am not having much luck with fi

Default TOTE hatchet which is engraved to Hiawatha Tribe No. 36 Imp. O.R.M

TOTE hatchet which is engraved to Hiawatha Tribe No. 36 Imp. O.R.MTOTE hatchet which is engraved to Hiawatha Tribe No. 36 Imp. O.R.MTOTE hatchet which is engraved to Hiawatha Tribe No. 36 Imp. O.R.MTOTE hatchet which is engraved to Hiawatha Tribe No. 36 Imp. O.R.M
    I found this TOTE hatchet which is engraved to Hiawatha Tribe No. 36 Imp. Order of Red Men. I found this at an estate sale in my area which is Pennsylvania. I am not having much luck with finding information through internet searching so I thought someone on this website may be able to help me. I have enclosed some pictures in hopes you either may be able to help me with age or what this was presented for? Also looking for location of tribe, not sure if it is local to me or not.
    Engraved on the hatchet blade is:
    “Presented
    -> to <-
    Hiawatha Tribe
    -> No 36 <-
    Imp. ORM”

On the other side of the hatchet is a large eagle and says TOTE.
    The hatchet head looks brass or bronze with wooden handle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TOTE hatchet which is engraved to Hiawatha Tribe No. 36 Imp. O.R.M  

?

A bunch of morons pretending to be American Indians with secret handshakes and passwords.

?

They are a fraternal group lots about them on the web just type in red man

Thank you, I do already understand what the words stand for on the hatchet. I am however looking for information on how old this may be and what it would have been presented for. Thank you though.
    Most of these TOTE hatchets I have found online are not engraved, that is why I am looking for someone who may know about this one and what it would have been presented for.