Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Trying to Identify a KA-BAR

Article about: Hello everyone, im happy to have found such a neat place to discover so much information and war memorabilia. I stumbled across this forum when investigating a KA-BAR I recently found when h

?

Default Trying to Identify a KA-BAR

Hello everyone, im happy to have found such a neat place to discover so much information and war memorabilia. I stumbled across this forum when investigating a KA-BAR I recently found when helping family clean out their house.
    After a few days of googling and reading quite a few threads here, I am quite convinced that this must be a 2000 era replica, or a 70's one at best. It seems to be in far too good of condition to be anything older. I have found a few very similar ones posted here that are almost good enough to confirm it, but with so many helpful people in this community, I felt it would be worth posting a few pictures to see what everyone thinks. Regardless of its age or authenticity, its a very neat blade, and I plan to keep it around. Had I somehow lucked out and found a near mint WW2 issue KA-BAR though, I think I would be compelled to try and complete a diverse set of gear, as I came across a late war issued gas mask many years back. (If I can find it soon Ill take some pictures and post them!) Anyways, thank you everyone in advance. I apologize in if this seems obvious or is an annoying question. Just due to the nature of such varied conditions, I figured it was worth a shot to get some expert opinions. (:

Here are some photos, please let me know if I have missed any important angles. I have looked it over thoroughly, and there are no additional markings on the hilt or anywhere else.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trying to Identify a KA-BAR   Trying to Identify a KA-BAR  

Trying to Identify a KA-BAR   Trying to Identify a KA-BAR  

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    This one was manufactured from approx. 2000 on. It is not a replica, but a more current edition, with a powder coated blade made by the same company as war time examples.
    I have posted a few examples from my collection here.
    WW2 Ka-Bar Knife ?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hey there Ralph. Thank you for the warm welcome and quick reply! That was what I suspected. Still a neat thing to find in a random toolbag that would have otherwise been hauled off by strangers. I am curious. If you don't mind sharing, what might one expect to pay for one of the top two examples from your collection? Something comparable, that era and condition. I would love to pick up a genuine WW2 issued KA-BAR in decent condition. It's pretty incredible just how many variations a single style of blade can have, and I have uncovered an incredible amount of stories and facts just by trying to confirm the identity of a knife made only a few years ago. Thanks!

-Mike

?

Olean, NY plant still located there and I drove past the factory some time ago.. Big place.. Nice find !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Raptor View Post
    Hey there Ralph. Thank you for the warm welcome and quick reply! That was what I suspected. Still a neat thing to find in a random toolbag that would have otherwise been hauled off by strangers. I am curious. If you don't mind sharing, what might one expect to pay for one of the top two examples from your collection? Something comparable, that era and condition. I would love to pick up a genuine WW2 issued KA-BAR in decent condition. It's pretty incredible just how many variations a single style of blade can have, and I have uncovered an incredible amount of stories and facts just by trying to confirm the identity of a knife made only a few years ago. Thanks!

-Mike
    Hi Mike,
    Not sure I can help you with your question regarding cost as mine were purchased about 15 years ago. There are likely other members here more capable of answering that for you.
    If you are based in the States, you will have more of a chance of finding them than way up here.
    There were also genuine WW II issued examples by Camillus and one or two other makers.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Always some nice originals popping up on ebay usa, do your homework first though.