Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Bayonet by American Fork & Hoe dated 1942 - model ???

Article about: I wonder which is this model of bayonet? Head type post WW2 , spear point blade is marked AFH 1942 and scabbard . Scabbard is covered with leather ( or imitation leather ). Overall lenght 36

Default US Bayonet by American Fork & Hoe dated 1942 - model ???

I wonder which is this model of bayonet? Head type post WW2 , spear point blade is marked AFH 1942 and scabbard . Scabbard is covered with leather ( or imitation leather ). Overall lenght 360 mm.

US Bayonet by American Fork & Hoe dated 1942 - model ???US Bayonet by American Fork & Hoe dated 1942 - model ???US Bayonet by American Fork & Hoe dated 1942 - model ???US Bayonet by American Fork & Hoe dated 1942 - model ???US Bayonet by American Fork & Hoe dated 1942 - model ???US Bayonet by American Fork & Hoe dated 1942 - model ???US Bayonet by American Fork & Hoe dated 1942 - model ???

?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's a fantasy piece, a mix between a m7 and m1. Nothing about it is any good. The scabbard body, scabbard throat markings, blade markings, double fullers, handle and pommel are all wrong.

Alex

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's a fantasy piece, a mix between a m7 and m1. Nothing about it is any good. The scabbard body, scabbard throat markings, blade markings, double fullers, handle and pommel are all wrong.

Alex
    Alex,
    there is no disappointment, indeed, the outcome is expected. Post WW2 head with atypical blade and scabbard, otherwise I would not expect.

Thx.Dean

?

Quote by antiques and hobby View Post
    Alex,
    there is no disappointment, indeed, the outcome is expected. Post WW2 head with atypical blade and scabbard, otherwise I would not expect.

Thx.Dean
    By the way, it's a "U" for Union Fork & Hoe, not "A".

Postwar, Not in hand I've see comparable looking scabbards made with a resin based finish over canvas that as I recall were reported as coming from China. With bayonets that were a little closer to the U.S. patterns that were good enough to fool some non-collectors that I know. Best Regards, Fred

I had the same question some time ago and received the correct answer from Frank Trzaska (probably the best expert on US edged weapon - US Military Knives Bayonets Machetes). As he said it is a modern Chinese phantasy, unfortunately.