Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Knife HELP

Article about: So I found this Knife in my Garage about a year ago. My Father told me that it might have been my Great Grandfathers WW1 US Knife. It is Serated, but other that that, I’m not sure what it is

Default US Knife HELP

So I found this Knife in my Garage about a year ago. My Father told me that it might have been my Great Grandfathers WW1 US Knife. It is Serated, but other that that, I’m not sure what it is. Any help would be amazingUS Knife HELPUS Knife HELPUS Knife HELPUS Knife HELPUS Knife HELPUS Knife HELP

MAP
    ?

Looks to me to be hand made / theater made item.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Sorry I've never seen one like it

Ah ok. Didn’t think it was anything Special. Thank you though

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jimmeelegs View Post
    Ah ok. Didn’t think it was anything Special. Thank you though
    Ah...but that is where you are wrong. If it is your Grandfathers and he used in in WW1 and it is a theater made item....maybe it is not valuable but it is special! Take good care of it!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I appreciate the optimism of keeping something of History intact! I do have a question, is that blade serrated? I think it is, but I’m not sure what makes a blade Serrated.

MAP
    ?

I appreciate the optimism of keeping something of History intact! I do have a question, is that blade serrated? I think it is, but I’m not sure what makes a blade Serrated.
    The blade was at one point serrated as seen by the teeth near the cross guard and the tiny nubs/remnants of the teeth further down the blade. My guess is that these were ground down when the knife was made (i.e original blade "repurposed") but maybe others have a different view.

Cool!

Thank you so much. Glad I learned a little bit more about that knife

MAP
    ?

Cool!

Thank you so much. Glad I learned a little bit more about that knife
    I'm just pointing out the obvious. The blade guys I'm sure can help more.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Ah...but that is where you are wrong. If it is your Grandfathers and he used in in WW1 and it is a theater made item....maybe it is not valuable but it is special! Take good care of it!
    I agree completely.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast