Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US M3 Fighting Knife in M6 Scabbard

Article about: according to my sources some of the early M4 bayonets and the preceeding M3 knives especialy camillus were blued. The blade marked knives were early and discovered to be weak. At about the t

Default US M3 Fighting Knife in M6 Scabbard

Here is another one of my recent additions to my collection.
    It is an M3 in a M6 Leather scabbard as used bty US Airborne.
    The knife is an early blade marked Inmperial and the scabbard by Barwood dated 1943.

I have bben after an M3 in m6 scabbard for some time and I bought a collection which included 2 and then I bought one from another source (Photos later)

Any comments welcome.

Regards

JimUS M3 Fighting Knife in M6 ScabbardUS M3 Fighting Knife in M6 ScabbardUS M3 Fighting Knife in M6 ScabbardUS M3 Fighting Knife in M6 ScabbardUS M3 Fighting Knife in M6 ScabbardUS M3 Fighting Knife in M6 ScabbardUS M3 Fighting Knife in M6 Scabbard

Default Re: US M3 Fighting Knife in M6 Scabbard

Nice knife, I love the scabbard.

Burt

Very nice! Congrats!
    It appears to be somewhat un-issued, but has suffered some storage problems. The handle appears that it has been wet at some time. The blade looks to have some pitting.
    Mine was made by Utica and has a Milsco sheath.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Metal bit on the sheath was to avoid a nasty surprise of the stabbing kind upon landing

As if they didnt have enough to worry about...

I was told once that the cross guard being bent had some special use. Has anyone else ever heard this?

Thanks

Burt

?

Tactile way of checking which way the knife was held?
    In the dark, its difficult to see which is the edge and which is the false edge/short edge (if sharpened also).
    Useful to know in hand to hand combat.
    Also the bent upper part of the handguard presumably more 'comfortable' when stabbing.
    Just some of my loopy theories of coourse.

The guard looks pretty much like mine.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M3 Fighting Knife in M6 Scabbard  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

looks in cracking nick Paratrooper very nice
    cheers Ronnie

Thanks for the comments boys! I have just received another yesterday with two 1918 and 1917 trench knives. I will post some photos, the 1918 is Au Lion which is the same as the one I have already and the 1917 is by Ac.Co.
    I also bought a BC41 knuckle knife. Photos soon

regards

Paratrooper

?

nice looking knife. i have some questions though. i did not think these blades were dark blued, but gray parkerized. it looks like it was blued over the pitting on the blade. my imperial has the date on the blade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M3 Fighting Knife in M6 Scabbard   US M3 Fighting Knife in M6 Scabbard  

US M3 Fighting Knife in M6 Scabbard   US M3 Fighting Knife in M6 Scabbard  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast