Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

US SWI Machete 1943 What not to buy!

Article about: This was included is a large grouping I picked up and was pretty excited to add this to the keeper collection due to the condition. As it turns out the the machete was a 70's era production

Default US SWI Machete 1943 What not to buy!

This was included is a large grouping I picked up and was pretty excited to add this to the keeper collection due to the condition. As it turns out the the machete was a 70's era production dated 1943. It is my understanding (now) SWI did not produce any edged tools or weapons during WWII. I am not out too much but this is a good example to share to prevent others from doing the same thing. I could not find another example on this forum. Happy hunting!
    John

US SWI Machete 1943 What not to buy!US SWI Machete 1943 What not to buy!US SWI Machete 1943 What not to buy!US SWI Machete 1943 What not to buy!US SWI Machete 1943 What not to buy!US SWI Machete 1943 What not to buy!

?

I have to admit, I looked at the pic's first and thought that looks unissued , Then read what you said. That is kind of deceiving.
    I guess that would work well with a reenactor and his gear setup.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I forgot to add that I believe the sheath to be original, just not the machete.
    John

?

I had one of these, Great for camping !
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

SWI = Schreck Wholsesale Inc. and I believe they are still in business. This is a well-known maker of various reproduction WW2 edged weapons.

Quote by earlymb View Post
    SWI = Schreck Wholsesale Inc. and I believe they are still in business. This is a well-known maker of various reproduction WW2 edged weapons.
    Good info to share. Thank you.
    For me it is always today's information that would have been helpful yesterday. That must be an ancient Chinese proverb I just invented. Thankfully I have only stepped on a few landmines collecting for the past 8 years.
    John

Well....still a cool & useful item to own as long as the price was not too steep. Everybody loves a machete.
    D.

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Well....still a cool & useful item to own as long as the price was not too steep. Everybody loves a machete.
    D.
    Trusted by Jason Voorhees since 1980 !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US SWI Machete 1943 What not to buy!  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I had one of these, Great for camping !
    As a 14 year old boyscout, When I howed up for a scout camping trip with
    my ww2 machette, my scout master had a few questions for me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.