Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

USMC Kabar Olean NY

Article about: Hi guys been offered this but i have done a little research and believe this to be a 1970`s production mainly due to the deep engraving on the blade although this was performed on some they

Default USMC Kabar Olean NY

Hi guys been offered this but i have done a little research and believe this to be a 1970`s production mainly due to the deep engraving on the blade although this was performed on some they had red spacers and quite rare.
    I am after a ww2 issued blade and dont think this is, can anyone confirm please
    Steve
    USMC Kabar Olean NY
    USMC Kabar Olean NY

Anyone? please.

I'm not sure what the norm is but I can say that my war time example has a lighter strike than this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It is debatable on Ka-Bar deep strike fonts. I can only go by limited knowledge on Ka-Bars. From what i understand is that the pommel on the ends that are indented could be circa Korean War-Vietnam. Also, deep strike larger font was correct for the same time period. WWII's normally have a narrower strike font and a raised pommel. But others i am sure would know more.

Thanks guys, tempted to leave this one alone.

CBH
    ?

KarBar remade these in the last 20 years or so using the WWII plans , I have one and used it for some years now it could pass for a old one now .

Quote by CBH View Post
    KarBar remade these in the last 20 years or so using the WWII plans , I have one and used it for some years now it could pass for a old one now .
    I believe they have made this pattern since WW II but the current model is a powder coated blade not Parkerizing. I have a number of variants, with about three different finishes. I carried and used one from the 70's/80's while fishing and camping which was still a parkerized blade. It too looks vintage. I will take some photos of my period example and post later today.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes, all the new ones are powder coated. Looks like someone pretty seriously beat the pommel on the one you're showing, maybe in an attempt to tighten the grip? Best to show the whole knife (and scabbard if available) for proper ID.

Here's a couple threads on the board showing KA-BAR knives.

A really nice WWII USMC Kabar with scabbard, but with a really sad story from my marine friend John.

Genuine WW2-era USMC Kabar

This is not a Ka-Bar, this example is made by Camillus, and while very similar, can not be used as a reference to compare to a Ka-Bar.
    Ralph.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Thanks guys, tempted to leave this one alone.
    Without seeing the whole knife, I would suggest, from the little I can see of this one, if you can not get it at a great price leave it. There are many of these and all it takes is a little patience and you can find a nice example.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast