Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What kind of knife is that?

Article about: I recently acquired my first german WWII dagger. With it came another knive supposedly carried by the US soldier who brought back the hj dagger. Ive never seen a knive like that before. Im a

Default What kind of knife is that?

I recently acquired my first german WWII dagger. With it came another knive supposedly carried by the US soldier who brought back the hj dagger. Ive never seen a knive like that before. Im also not very experienced in edged weapons. I can not find any markings at all.
    Every tip or hint in the right direction will be highly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of knife is that?   What kind of knife is that?  

What kind of knife is that?   What kind of knife is that?  

What kind of knife is that?  

CBH
    ?

I believe it could be a home made knife , or what is called theater made knife in collector circles . These sometimes used blades from other knives , sharpened reworked files , or anything that they could shape into a blade . Handles often have leather washers , plexiglass , metal or plastic .
    Cheers Chris

?

These are commonly referred to as theatre made knives. They were made out of many different things throughout the war, mainly parts the soldiers could scrounge up. They could also be knives that were modified. I have seen M3's altered with different handles and things of that nature. I have one that the blade was made from a saw blade.