Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Wild Tigers Bayonet

Article about: Hi all This is my latest acquisition given to me by my dad. Was picked up from a rubbish tip several years ago by my nephew who sold it to my dad for \\$10!! Mangrovite scabard still in superb

Default Wild Tigers Bayonet

Hi all

This is my latest acquisition given to me by my dad. Was picked up from a rubbish tip several years ago by my nephew who sold it to my dad for $10!! Mangrovite scabard still in superb condition.

Wild Tigers Bayonet

Wild Tigers Bayonet

Wild Tigers Bayonet

Default Re: Wild Tigers Bayonet

Nice Siamese contract 1907 bayonet! Pretty rare I imagine, especially in this condition

?

Nice bayo. Nice catch. Nice Price. Congrats.

On closer inspection it would appear the scabbard was a re-issue as it has "Mangrovite 44" stamped into it. From what I understand this was done because the original leather one had deteriorated. Oh well, still a nice bayo and I like it. :-)

4md
    ?

nice bayonet for a excellent price. now all you need is a siamese contract lee enfield

regards Paul

Mangrovite is the mark of Mangrovite Belting Pty Ltd of Australia. The original scabbard would have been a British made item but these were prone to rotting and many had the steel ends of the original scabbard brazed/soldered to a new steel scabbard. As your scabbard is of Aussie origin I would say it is a much later replacement however there are a number of Siamese tiger 07 bayonets with Mangrovite scabbards so they all either came in a batch without scabbards and a dealer used surplus Aussie scabbards or the Siamese purchased a stock of scabbards from Aus. Who knows but it is certainly a very, very nice example to be given.

Beautiful Siamese. You are a lucky guy.