Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

William Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with Sheath

Article about: I am looking for information on this knife I purchased at an estate sale last week. I purchased a box a knives but I think this is the oldest knife in there. It looks like it was sharpened q

Default William Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with Sheath

I am looking for information on this knife I purchased at an estate sale last week. I purchased a box a knives but I think this is the oldest knife in there. It looks like it was sharpened quite a bit and I am wondering how much on this knife it hurts the value? White doing some internet research I saw one knife online that looked like this one which said it was ww2 British. Just looking for any information I can get on it. Thanks for help if anyone is able to. Oh and I forgot to mention, I was looking for any knife collectors I may be able to get some help with the other knives I got at the estate sale, I don't think they are military, just collector knives. Or if anyone knows of a good website I can contact?
    William Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with Sheath

Hello mate,

It was a popular scouting knife for decades until 'elf un safety' and other laws stopped it. I've got one in an old toolbox somewhere, and the pommel is aluminium, dating it to the 60's-70's I think. Pre war the pommel was usually brass, and after the war, alloys and such were scarce and the pommels were then made using a Fibreloid type phenol resin/artificial fibre mix from wars end until around about the mid 50's.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I believe Ned is correct - 1950's era 'Scout' knife.
    Please post more and we can figure out
    what they all are.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Here are a couple more from the estate sale.

William Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with Sheath

This one doesn't have any markings at all..
    William Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with Sheath

A Gerber boot knife and a Gerber 'Mark II' Stiletto - which could be
    a 'presentation' knife ( Model 5711 - 'P1' ) with zebra wood grip,
    made for collectors. These are from the late 70's, early 80's.
    Your Mark II has a rather low serial number. P1 serial
    numbers started at 000179.

The third looks like a Randall 'Model 3 Hunter' but is probably
    an India made copy, as construction is not up to par.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 04-11-2014 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Additional text.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Here are some more..

William Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with SheathWilliam Rodgers Cut My Way Knife with Sheath

Any idea who the paw print knife manufacturer is? Pictures#13-#16

Judging by the shape, I'd say the one with the 'paw print'
    logo is by Keith Derkatz. Probably an early hand made
    or prototype. His designs are a favorite of mine.

Harvey Draper, Charles Bolton..... someone was really
    into custom made knives, and I think you've done
    extremely well !

The early 70's 'James Lile' signature knife is rare
    and could be worth quite a bit.

How many knives came in this group.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

I think that's all of them, plus there are 4 or so more sheaths, not pictured, that I don't know which go with what knives. I got these knives and two boxes of arrowheads for $50 hiding in the basement of an estate sale last weekend. I love knives so I was super excited to find them! When the guy said $50 I couldn't say DEAL fast enough.

Wow - great score !

The Lile might be worth about $500 - or more.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast