Become our sponsor and display your banner here

William Rodgers " i cut my way"

Article about: Hi folks a little something i picked up,, i have seen so many of these never military issue but some private purchase late and post war,,this one caught my i firstly because of the s shaped

Default William Rodgers " i cut my way"

Hi folks a little something i picked up,, i have seen so many of these never military issue but some private purchase late and post war,,this one caught my i firstly because of the s shaped cross guard (most are flat) and second it was only £5..
    so basically a cheap space filler.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0404.jpg 
Views:	774 
Size:	331.7 KB 
ID:	797716

Name:	DSC_0405.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	323.5 KB 
ID:	797717

Name:	DSC_0406.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	320.6 KB 
ID:	797718

Name:	DSC_0407.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	334.7 KB 
ID:	797719

Nice knife for the price
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Nice looking pig sticker.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Cheers guys,, have either of you seen one with a crossguard like this,, blade length is 5.5 inches and width 3/4 of an inch.

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Cheers guys,, have either of you seen one with a crossguard like this,, blade length is 5.5 inches and width 3/4 of an inch.
    I have a knife which is identical in size and construction to yours, except it is not stamped with the maker's name and 'made in England'. It was certainly bought in England sometime in the late 1970s. I remember that I saw it a display of sheath knives from the same makers and liked the look of it because of the 'commando' type blade. Somehow managed to persuade my parents that I needed it for my Scout woodcraft. I'd guess that the cross guard on yours has been modified by a previous owner.

Regards, Philip

Cheers Phil, great story, kind of an odd blade for a boy scout though,, it appears to have only one purpose,, killing, i agree with the crossguard theory too it fits very snug.
    Steve

Nice knife!

I have one which is similar but with a serrated edge to one side of it. I'm not sure how old mine is but I'd say it's of fairly recent manufacture, within the last 25 years or so I'd guess?

William Rodgers Stiletto...

Thanks,, thats a cool looking blade you have there pristine too,,,
    Steve

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Thanks,, thats a cool looking blade you have there pristine too,,,
    Steve
    The pics kind of enhance it a bit alas, the blade is well scratched along one edge where it looks like someone has tried to sharpen it...badly!
    There is a bit of a tale about the knife involving a member of the RM's/SBS but it has the hint of 'a load of bollocks' about it...so I tend to just dismiss it.

Always like a good story if you have time or a link? we are just going to the shop where i picked mine up from i did notice some more but did not have the time to look,, the wife just does not understand.
    Steve