Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Bayonet??

Article about: I found this in my parents' basement. My grandfather did serve in France in WW1, but we never knew we had a bayonet downstairs! Can anyone please help to identify this? The markings have no

Smile WW1 Bayonet??

WW1 Bayonet??WW1 Bayonet??WW1 Bayonet??WW1 Bayonet??I found this in my parents' basement. My grandfather did serve in France in WW1, but we never knew we had a bayonet downstairs! Can anyone please help to identify this? The markings have no country or date, and we are very clueless about what we have here. Thank you very much in advance.

?

Default Re: WW1 Bayonet??

It is a Japanese type 30 bayonet and would have been used in WW2.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thank you so much! We never would have guessed it was Japanese. Is it at all valuable? Again, many thanks.

?

hi ,as stated a ww2 japanese type 30 bayonet . value ? good condition have seen prices of $200 . this example is somewhat rusted which would reduce the value ....cheers paul

I've seen them selling lately up here for around $70 to $100 for the standard/common
    type 30's in average condition. 'Last ditch' examples with wooden scabbards are
    somewhat more. You should lightly oil it to remove surface rust and to
    keep it in check...............
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you both, Paul and Steve. We'll work on the rust. I doubt we'll sell it, even though we have no idea how/why we have it! All the comments are much appreciated.

Hello Janlewz-you don't say which country you're in or for which army your grandfather was a soldier-this could affect how or why the bayo ended up in your parent's possession-could be a 1st or 2nd World War souvenir.