Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

ww1 reissued brass knuckles/trench knife

Article about: Hello all! i went to a local gun show and came upon one of these brass knuckles/ knives. i dont know much about these because i mainly stick with m-1 helmets but want to expand my knowledge

couldnt get my money back, even though im mad i still think its a nice piece to display, one less fake off the market and one more knowledged member of the forum, thanks all

MAP
    ?

Sorry to hear that. Well next time you go to the show, hang around this guys table and tell everyone he sells fakes!! That will show him.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

ok thanks! hope one day ill be able to get a real one, anyone know where to find them for sale?

MAP
    ?

I've seen originals sold on some sites in the past. Don't remember where though. Sorry.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

ok thanks

MAP
    ?

just keep on checking around and at shows. They pop up every now and then.

?

I have to ask this. So we know that the knuckleduster is a repro and they don't come with that type of scabbard. But that sheath is looking good to me. I'm not an expert at these but the ones from the M3 and other fighting knives look like the one with the reenforced lip.
    Just hoping this is not a complete loss for him and this will have some what of a happy ending and not just a cool paper weight.

Gent's Does he have a good scabbard/ Sheath??????

LANCE ARE YOU OUT THERE??????????

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Glass half full Phil! That's the way to think!!

I'm no expert on these so I'm sure Lance is the man but from what I have seen, it looks good. The odd part is the stamp. A quick search of Viner Bros M6 scabbards do not show the same type of stamp. They usually have US M6 above the Viner Bros. However all the examples I have seen in this search have been wartime. This is a 1948 version so it might have changed?? Don't know. Best wait for others.

M

There are some differences between the one posted and the one that
    came with my m3.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Glass half full Phil! That's the way to think!!

M
    Just trying to see if there might be a silver lining to this cloud before i turns into a hurricane of disappointment. Its never to late to look for the fair weather behind the storm.

I hate unhappy endings that we have ALL BEEN THROUGH!!!! But such is life in this field of learn or burn!!!!
    I sent Lance an PM so that will will know for sure.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast