Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench Knife

Article about: Hey guys...just got back from a really small local miliary show. Picked up a few badges and then this caught my eye. Was another bucket list item for me so if it's OK I'll be quite happy (an

MAP
    ?

Default WWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench Knife

Hey guys...just got back from a really small local miliary show. Picked up a few badges and then this caught my eye. Was another bucket list item for me so if it's OK I'll be quite happy (and to move the repo out of my display cabinet!)

From what I have seen on other threads it's got a good chance...but appreciate your feedback. Overall condition looks fantastic (which gets me worried) with nice patina on the brass

Matches Coreys which was discussed here.

WWII/WWI Trench Knife by Au Lion

Any and all comments welcome.

Michael

WWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench KnifeWWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench KnifeWWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench KnifeWWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench KnifeWWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench KnifeWWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench KnifeWWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench KnifeWWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench KnifeWWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench Knife
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Just a bump. Any thoughts?

Should the prongs on the scabbard have been connected at some point (to slip thru a belt) or is this set up correct?

Thanks

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Maybe it's just the angle of the photos but does
    the blade look too short to anyone else?

Just curious, how does the length of the blade
    compare to the length of the scabbarb?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Maybe it's just the angle of the photos but does
    the blade look too short to anyone else?

Just curious, how does the length of the blade
    compare to the length of the scabbarb?
    Blade is a hair under 6 3/4. Scabbard is 7 1/4.

Hello Michael,
    Could you take a new photo with the blade out of the scabbard but right beside to compare the length?
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    BTW, I believe the clips on the scabbard are correct, maybe bent a little, but original.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Michael,
    Could you take a new photo with the blade out of the scabbard but right beside to compare the length?
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    BTW, I believe the clips on the scabbard are correct, maybe bent a little, but original.
    Doing that now. Just uploading from my phone. I remeasured the blade (and made an edit above). It's 6 3/4th which I have read is the proper length. I used a tape measure for the first measure and it was crappy (in the photo's unfortunately). Remeasured again with with a better ruler which confirmed the rougly 6 /34 length.

Will be uploaded in a minute.

Picture added

Edit: My ruler is clear plastic so I can't get a good clear shot. Secondly the crossguard prevents me from putting the ruler next to the blade when trying to take a picture. But as noted about, it is 6 3/4" long.

WWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench Knife

Thanks for the new pictures.
    All looks correct to me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Thanks for the new pictures.
    All looks correct to me.
    Sweet. Thanks Greg and Ralph. I've very happy. As noted, it was one of my bucket list items. Can check that off......plus the blade, handle and scabbard are in near mint condition.

Michael

Quote by MAP View Post
    Sweet. Thanks Greg and Ralph. I've very happy. As noted, it was one of my bucket list items. Can check that off......plus the blade, handle and scabbard are in near mint condition.

Michael
    Congrats Michael!
    I wish I could add one of these to my knife collection but, alas, they are illegal here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Congrats Michael!
    I wish I could add one of these to my knife collection but, alas, they are illegal here.
    Ralph.
    : Damn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast