Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1910 KKV shashka, fake ?

Article about: Hi guys. I'm thinking of buying this KKV shashka. Allready got the KKV kindjal, and i think they would make a nice pair. Can anyone tell if this looks genuine ? Are these swords faked as oft

Default 1910 KKV shashka, fake ?

Hi guys.
    I'm thinking of buying this KKV shashka. Allready got the KKV kindjal, and i think they would make a nice pair. Can anyone tell if this looks genuine ? Are these swords faked as often as the 1927 models ?
    Best regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1910 KKV shashka, fake ?   1910 KKV shashka, fake ?  

1910 KKV shashka, fake ?   1910 KKV shashka, fake ?  

1910 KKV shashka, fake ?   1910 KKV shashka, fake ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1910 KKV shashka, fake ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1910 KKV shashka, fake ?

I wouldn't swear to it, but I suspect this is not original.

For one thing, the hilt of the blade is flush with the pommel. This is very unusual, as it would allow any weapon to weapon contact, to follow the blade right down to the users hand, and cause injury. This also allows the weapon to be pushed so far into the scabbard, that it would make drawing the blade difficult, especially in combat, on the back of a moving horse.

The blade does not appear to be sharpened at all. Since the Shashka is primarily a slashing weapon that also makes it suspect to me. Now, I will acknowledge that this may be a ceremonial, or presentation weapon, and so actual combat was never intended for it, but...

I suppose that depending on the price, it may be worth having just to make a matched set, but I would want more provenance before spending any large sum of money.

Boridin

Default Re: 1910 KKV shashka, fake ?

Thanks.... I think i will wait and see what else comes up. It looks almost in too good condition.