Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 Ppsh pouches (Buckle and peg)

Article about: Hi everyone, i would like to hear your opinions on these pouches, the lighter one is marked 1943 but on the darker one the stamps are unfortunatly unreadable. If however wartime do the more

?

Default 2 Ppsh pouches (Buckle and peg)

Hi everyone,

i would like to hear your opinions on these pouches, the lighter one is marked 1943 but on the darker one the stamps are unfortunatly unreadable. If however wartime do the more elaborate fittings on the latter indicate an earlier design?

Kind regards,
    Oli

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Ppsh pouches (Buckle and peg)
    P
    Many

Very nice pouches, both appear to be wartime. The stamps on the tan one are typical wartime stamps even if illegible.
    The green one is the earlier variant, with "D" ring for using with combat Y-straps or belt loops. I hope they are real, without seeing them in person, they seem correct.

Included are photos of post war stamps typical of what are most commonly seen on those pouches.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Ppsh pouches (Buckle and peg)   2 Ppsh pouches (Buckle and peg)  

?

Thanks for commenting Markratz1!
    I have been looking into the variant with a D ring and found a few sources confirming it's a early variant, including this picture of a German with a captured PPD (note he uses a breadbagstrap on the D hook):

2 Ppsh pouches (Buckle and peg)

2 dated "D hook"examples (1941) i came across also seem to confirm the construction of mine is period, thanks again for the info!

Regards,
    Oli