Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Another Bag of Mine...

Article about: Per Dimas request, here is another from my collection. When I bought this I though it might be a Lend-Lease bag due to the English looking snaps and bag construction. However it's strap is 1

Default Another Bag of Mine...

Per Dimas request, here is another from my collection. When I bought this I though it might be a Lend-Lease bag due to the English looking snaps and bag construction. However it's strap is 100% Soviet and it is stamped "B-S 3". So is it a BS type bag? Cheap bag for horned mask? The revers is set up with two D-rings for the waist strap which is missing. This bag presently contains a Lend-Lease British mask that cam from Dimas' part of the world. But maybe my horned mask should live in this one???

Of added interest, this bag contained the crude mitten that I show. It is burlap with a canvas reenforcement to the palm and face of the thumb. Possible a barrel change mit or something? It is stamped on the inside with the "KACCP" being legible. Is this Soviet Khazikstan (spelling?)

There was also inside a rag cut from scrap bed linen

Comments and discussion welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Bag of Mine...   Another Bag of Mine...  

Another Bag of Mine...   Another Bag of Mine...  

Another Bag of Mine...   Another Bag of Mine...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Bag of Mine...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Another Bag of Mine...

I think you are right, Kazakhstan
    The bag is for BN Tch with 08 mask, but later looks like there was issued with BS type mask, due of that the stamp over- to clearly tell you what is in inside without opening a bag
    Another nice example!
    As I seen the bags like that they was all made of hard canvas as issued in usual 2 pockets BN_TCH bags
    BS-, where 3 is size I think

Unfortunately, this bag has been almost completly gutted for use as a haversack. Only the center divider remains.

?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Unfortunately, this bag has been almost completly gutted for use as a haversack. Only the center divider remains.
    That's not a problem, better to have the bag in condition like that, than nothing.
    You can restore it or keep as is, just like a example!