Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Baltic Nivea Creme

Article about: Hello, I often have seen this Nivea Creme, made in Riga, Latvia. When was this creme made? Wartime, after war? Who used it Germans, Soviets, Latvians? Thx

Default Baltic Nivea Creme

Hello, I often have seen this Nivea Creme, made in Riga, Latvia. When was this creme made? Wartime, after war? Who used it Germans, Soviets, Latvians? Thx

Baltic Nivea Creme

Baltic Nivea Creme

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Baltic Nivea Creme
    P
    Many

If you'll do a web search on

Nivea

you'll find it's a popular skin cream even today, possibly world-wide. I'm 73 years old, and I remember it being popular when I was a teenager in the U.S.

Thanks, I know the brand Nivea, Im not a hillbilly.
    My question was, when was this design above was used. And which troops used it.

MAP
    ?

Would this not be just a civilian product? So basically anyone. I don't see a military connection.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Would this not be just a civilian product? So basically anyone. I don't see a military connection.
    Yes civilian. But troops used civilian products too. Here is the German wartime version.

Baltic Nivea Creme

Source: Agustin Sáiz: "Der Infanterist des deutschen Heeres: Uniform und Ausrüstung 1939-1945", p. 259.

If tins with that design were made during wartime, I guess they were used by Germans and Latvians (civilians, SS and Wehrmacht). Cause Nivea was made by the German Beiersdorf AG. Maybe its a special edition for Latvians with Cyrillic letters...

MAP
    ?

Quote by RKKAFan View Post
    Yes civilian. But troops used civilian products too. Here is the German wartime version.

Baltic Nivea Creme

Source: Agustin Sáiz: "Der Infanterist des deutschen Heeres: Uniform und Ausrüstung 1939-1945", p. 259.
    correct. That was my point. Anyone could use it. Nice to see the Wehrmacht catalog. Similar to US soldiers going to the PX.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

But I dont find out yet, when this tin was made.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Same here!.....

?

If you want to know when the product was in this configuration, I would suggest sending a picture to there customer care dept and ask them.
    NIVEA website selection page

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast