Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Could be this SHASHKA sword 1934 pattern, a genuine one?

Article about: Hi guys, someone recently offered me an item at a very good price, it's a Shashka Cossack sword 1934 pattern, complete with bayonet attached on the scabbard. I know that there are plenty of

Question Could be this SHASHKA sword 1934 pattern, a genuine one?

Hi guys,

someone recently offered me an item at a very good price, it's a Shashka Cossack sword 1934 pattern, complete with bayonet attached on the scabbard.

I know that there are plenty of replicas of these, but considering most of the ebay/google results...i think that maybe, MAYBE this one could have its chance.

There are some patina on the piece, and its serials and producer marks have some differences compared to the polish/usual replica ones (the 4 is different, the hammer head is different, i highlighted that in the comparsion pics)

Any adivice would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks in advance!

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Could be this SHASHKA sword 1934 pattern, a genuine one?   Could be this SHASHKA sword 1934 pattern, a genuine one?  

Could be this SHASHKA sword 1934 pattern, a genuine one?   Could be this SHASHKA sword 1934 pattern, a genuine one?  

Could be this SHASHKA sword 1934 pattern, a genuine one?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Could be this SHASHKA sword 1934 pattern, a genuine one?
    P
    Many

No, it is a Replica commonly encountered on Ebay...Made in China, I believe...
    In addition, the bottom left photo states "Replica"...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi, and thanks for the reply. The picture with the ''Replica'' is made by me, in order to highlight the differences on the ''4'' and the hammer. On the left, marked as replica, is the ebay common one, on the right the one that i have for consideration. I think that it should also be a replica, but i've noticed some differences...anyway, hard to locate another Shashka dated 1934...maybe that could be a hint.

?

The stamps and inscriptions are wrong. Those who made this thing definitely do not know the Russian language. I bet they speak Chinese.

Here is the link with a lot of info about shashkas. It's in Russian, so you can use any online translator or just enjoy the pictures and compare them with this fake.
    Советская кавалерийска  шашка обр.1927 года - Советское холодное оружие - SAMMLER.RU

From what I'm seeing in the images it looks to be one of the later "improved versions". The early ones from China had blades and markings that were atrocious that should not have fooled anyone. Best Regards, Fred