Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Gasmask bags

Article about: Guys I need your help; could please tell if any of those bags are pre or wartime or postwar? I would be very appricaited for your help. Thanks in advance.

Default Gasmask bags

Guys I need your help; could please tell if any of those bags are pre or wartime or postwar? I would be very appricaited for your help. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gasmask bags   Gasmask bags  

Gasmask bags   Gasmask bags  

Last edited by Litzmannstadt; 01-18-2011 at 04:52 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gasmask bags
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gasmask bags

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gasmask bags   Gasmask bags  

Gasmask bags  

This is a postwar bag... Only one outside pocket and two slide buckles on the shoulderstrap

Gasmask bags  

here is another one.

Gasmask bags  

if these postwar than whta period it could be ?

The last one you show looks like a Polish copy of a Russian bag. Some of the hardware is not typical Russian and the Red ink stamp is Polish type I think. The bags are from the 50's to the 70's possibly a bit later. A very large period of time.

both came from Germany so think it is low probability of polish origin of second one ( had in past polish gasmask back from comunistic period and it was in made from worst quality materials ).

any way I need to still looking for the good soviet gasmask bag and mask from II WW. I seen the one whcih you have bought from german ebay but I wasn't sure of it as it has the american style bag.

by the way ; how much could be worth thie first bag ?

The bag I have bought from German eBay arrived to me on Sunday from Austria. I will be posting more photos of it to this forum soon as it is very interesting. The American style snaps on that bag are very uncommon, but they were used on some bags. I think others being unsure is why I was able to buy it before someone else did. Wartime and prewar Soviet bags either have two outside pockets or none at all. The one pocket types like you show are a common postwar style and not of any real collector value unfortunately.