Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifying Roza Shanina's Field Gear

Article about: Hello all, New member. Really cool site! I have been trying to identify the item in the lower left of the attached picture in her belt line. My best guess is an embellished field knife? I as

RedStarFlyer
    ?

Default Help Identifying Roza Shanina's Field Gear

Hello all,

New member. Really cool site! I have been trying to identify the item in the lower left of the attached picture in her belt line. My best guess is an embellished field knife? I assumed a field knife but why a gold cap? Other thoughts were possibly a bayonet since looks like there is a barrel bracket sticking off near the top. Of course none of the Mosin bayonets are that big. An SVT-40 bayonet? Or a parade knife for the photo shoot.

I have a mosin 91/30 and, being interested in Roza's story, thought the accessory...whatever it is might make a nice set with the rifle. Either way I figured there is no better place to ask than here!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identifying Roza Shanina's Field Gear  

2. # ADS

Firstly welcome to the forum , to me it looks like the brass top of a knife most likely a brought item and not a issue item