Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

History found in the trash

Article about: I usually dont go rummaging through peoples garbage, but the other day I had to make an exception. In my neighborhood we have heavy trash pick up every two weeks or so. Usually people throw

Default History found in the trash

I usually dont go rummaging through peoples garbage, but the other day I had to make an exception. In my neighborhood we have heavy trash pick up every two weeks or so. Usually people throw out stuff like old BBQ pits and broken lawn chairs, but I was truly surprised at what I saw sitting out for trash a few weeks ago. From the street it appeared to be some type of vintage military style crate. I quickly stopped my truck, got out, picked up the crate, and hauled it back home. After inspecting it at home I believe it to be a cold war era Soviet ammo crate. It has quite a few Russian markings on it, and it even has an intact label on the inside.

I never thought I would find militaria on the trash!

Best regards- Jarret

History found in the trashHistory found in the trashHistory found in the trashHistory found in the trashHistory found in the trash

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement History found in the trash
    P
    Many

That is really cool Jarret.

one mans junk ,another mans treasure! nice pick up especially for free, Regards,Paul

Great you noticed it. Wondering what other "treasures" the owner might have. Better keep checking on pick-up day!

Join the Club-On more than one occasion I've found good stuff that is being left out for trash pickup!

Maybe I should take a trip up to the local rubbish tip. Might find a couple of Knight's Crosses if I'm lucky!

B.B.

?

Cool, but it's not the Russian language.

?

Very cool, I always dream about driving by on trash day and seeing a heap of discarded helmets and such. That is an awesome find !

It is not written in Russian, maybe in Bulgarian but I'm not an expert. This box contained ammo for 7.62mm pistol and machinegun (for example TT or PPS).

MAP
    ?

Nice!!! Probably sold retail in bulk as surplus. Never seen this before have seen those old large sardine cans of surplus ammo (when ammo used to be cheap - before you were born LoL )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast