Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Mosin nagant accessories

Article about: Hey guys! Quick Question I have some mosin rifles, and most came with some random stuff. I was wondering if any of it is WW2? All the slings I got were all from the 50'S not pictured. I know

Default Mosin nagant accessories

Hey guys! Quick Question I have some mosin rifles, and most came with some random stuff. I was wondering if any of it is WW2? All the slings I got were all from the 50'S not pictured. I know the ammo pouches are post war eastern. The round oil can with the two nozzles are post.

My question are any of the bags WW2? Seems to be a million versions lol.

The two other oil cans I got were odd balls. A round single nozzle one. Then a square two nozzle one that has a name on it?

Tools I imagine are impossible to date.

Thanks as always! I know a lot of this stuff is hard to date.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	325.3 KB 
ID:	818868   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	83 
Size:	325.4 KB 
ID:	818867  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	59 
Size:	323.2 KB 
ID:	818869   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	65 
Size:	328.1 KB 
ID:	818870  

Views:	96 
Size:	323.6 KB 
ID:	818871   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	21 
Size:	326.1 KB 
ID:	818872  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hello Dannyjunkfish,

Have you already seen this web page; Mosin Nagant Rifle Accessories ?
    It is very difficult to date the oil bottles exactly. According to the web page the square dual compartment oil bottle should be an early version, so it could be a prewar variant. The round dual compartment oil bottle should be a late version. This round dual compartment version is also depicted in the 1941 manual of the Mosin Nagant rifle. Probably it is a wartime variant. The round single compartment oil bottle with the Izhevsk marking looks postwar to me.

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    Hello Dannyjunkfish,

Have you already seen this web page; Mosin Nagant Rifle Accessories ?
    It is very difficult to date the oil bottles exactly. According to the web page the square dual compartment oil bottle should be an early version, so it could be a prewar variant. The round dual compartment oil bottle should be a late version. This round dual compartment version is also depicted in the 1941 manual of the Mosin Nagant rifle. Probably it is a wartime variant. The round single compartment oil bottle with the Izhevsk marking looks postwar to me.
    Thanks! I did see that page but it did not pinpoint any type of dating. Except pre war vs post war. Thanks again.

Default Image from the 1941 manual

The round dual compartment oil bottle is depicted in the 1941 manual for the Mosin Nagant rifle.

Name:	Pag28-29-lr.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	826539

The round dual compartment oil bottle is depicted in the 1941 manual for the Mosin Nagant rifle.

Name:	Pag28-29-lr.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	826539
    That's great thanks very much for the picture! All the oil cans I have are the two round ones except the other two pictured here.

On one of your pictures I see a black synthetic leather holdall (bag). This small bag is also depicted in the reference book "The Soviet soldier of World war Two". See;RZM.com- Your online source for WWII books & more! .

On one of your pictures I see a black synthetic leather holdall (bag). This small bag is also depicted in the reference book "The Soviet soldier of World war Two". See;RZM.com- Your online source for WWII books & more! .
    Very cool thanks again!