Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first ever gun!..

Article about: Hey guys Real excited for this one, my first ever gun, just arrived today. An ex-dragoon Mosin m91/30 Did some of my own research. Stock seems to be all original, a pre-war stock, stamps dat

?

Default My first ever gun!..

Hey guys

Real excited for this one, my first ever gun, just arrived today. An ex-dragoon Mosin m91/30
    Did some of my own research. Stock seems to be all original, a pre-war stock, stamps date it back to 1937 from the izhevsk factory. I believe the bolt is from around ww1? I heard a lot of bolts from that period were used on ex-dragoon mosin's. That'd explain the non-matching serials, too.

Does anyone know what the backwards R marking on the stock means? And the rest of the markings, other than the factory stamp and the serial numbers, what do they mean?

Let me know what you guys think!

My first ever gun!..My first ever gun!..My first ever gun!..My first ever gun!..My first ever gun!..My first ever gun!..My first ever gun!..My first ever gun!..My first ever gun!..My first ever gun!..My first ever gun!..

-Bas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first ever gun!..
    P
    Many

?

Nice rifle, make room for more!
    The rifle has been through a full refurbishment.
    It appears to be an appropriate era stock (?) no telling (and unlikely) that it was the stock that came with the receiver original.
    all parts appear renumber. Odd bolt non matching?

Looks like an all matching Izhevsk mosin carbine to me. The arrow inside the triangle indicates produced after 1928. Even your bolt has the symbol. Nice rifle!

Sorry non carbine. Standard 91/30.

?

Forced match.....all the parts have been restamped to match. Bolt has different number in the picture.
    And not all parts are Izh either....I can see at least one marked tula from the refurbishment when the take random parts, put them back together and restamp.
    other places a maker mark can be not shown.
    Stock also sanded when reconditioned (as most all were).

Dont see the tula mark. Yes the floorplate has an earlier serial number which means refurb by izh I'm sure. What's missing is the refurb mark on the stock which all of them didn't have as well. Mosins are all over the place but in my experience that's normal also. So my clarification answer is standard 91/30 refurb by izh. I agree with with your statement.

?

check range adjuster.....again many places (~16?) where are arsenal marks.

Yeah I see the hammer. I set on autopilot looking for the star with tula.

?

Hi. Ive checked that site but nothing about the orion marking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast