Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Gas mask collection

Article about: Hello to everyone! I'd like to share with you my humble collection of gas mask's related items. I'm still learning about this theme, but maybe some "visual example" could help a no

Default My Gas mask collection

Hello to everyone!

I'd like to share with you my humble collection of gas mask's related items. I'm still learning about this theme, but maybe some "visual example" could help a novice (like me) and maybe also the expert collector.

I'll start with my BN T4 gas mask.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Gas mask collection   My Gas mask collection  

My Gas mask collection   My Gas mask collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Gas mask collection
    P
    Many

The filter is 1938 LMZ made. Serviced in 1942 (or 1943?). The mask also shows another faint marking (31 august 1942, maybe another check date). This is the bag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Gas mask collection   My Gas mask collection  

The bag has the initials of the owner inscribed with ink and a wooden tag with full name made by pencil. No external pockets, only two sections inside with a little pocket for (i suppose) a vaseline stick or similar device (like sbr mask?).
    No other visible markings (except the little "n. 5" on the flap) and no date of production, but definetely pre-war made in my opinion.

I continue with my other two bags. One complete with shoulder strap, made of rough canvas and with a two-buttons closing system (button seems to be plastic or bakelite). The other is made of cloth-like fabric, very fragile. It has no shoulder strap, maybe it was modified later.My Gas mask collectionMy Gas mask collectionMy Gas mask collectionMy Gas mask collection

Some details of the inside (maybe also modified for use as breadbag) and of the markings (both very fainted, but the canvas bag's one seems interesting).

Time for some filters

In the middle, the previous seen T4 filter. On both sides, MO2 filters (1944 and 1945 made).

My Gas mask collection  

Details of MO2 filters, different makers.

An interesting item: enamelled water dispenser made on the base of T4 filter (the example shown is incomplete).

One of the first items of my rkka collection: 1936's Osoaviachim book

Full of details about chemical protection, gas mask devices and more.

My Gas mask collection  

That's all for now, i hope to share more in the near future.

As always. any opinion is welcome

Best regards

Gabriele

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast