MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new schaschka.

Article about: the overstamp of the Cyrillic "I" concerns me. Not to say it could not have happened in a Soviet factory, but... The fact that there are no additional cartouches on the other side

Default My new shashka.

Hi

Just wanted to show you what i bought on auction this weekend.

I hope its the real deal ! Can any of you guys tell ?

Best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new schaschka.  
    Attached Images Attached Images My new schaschka.  My new schaschka.  My new schaschka.  My new schaschka.  My new schaschka. 
    Last edited by hbhansen; 01-16-2011 at 09:52 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new schaschka.
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new schaschka.

Are there any other markings on the blade, or scabbard?

Boridin

I don,t know yet. I havent picked it up yet. These pictures are from the homepage of the auction house. I will pick it up tuesday, i hope.
    I've got 14 days to cancel the deal, what should i look for, when i pick it up ?
    I payed about 500 € for it, seams fair ?

Quote by hbhansen View Post
    I don,t know yet. I havent picked it up yet. These pictures are from the homepage of the auction house. I will pick it up tuesday, i hope.
    I've got 14 days to cancel the deal, what should i look for, when i pick it up ?
    I payed about 500 € for it, seams fair ?

Are you in any degree unsure of it's authenticity?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

I've got a good feeling about this sabre, but it's my first, so i would like to be absolutely sure of its authenticity, when i pick it up tomorrow.
    Normally i collect danish bayonets.

As soon as you get it, I would like to see any, and all markings on the sword, and scabbard. The Chinese make repops. Some are pretty poor, and easy to spot, as fake, but they are getting better, and you really need to look hard.

The Indians, (India Indians) are also getting into the repop market for edged weapons. Their efforts are very good. So good in fact that the easiest way to tell one of the Indian repops is that it has better steel than an original.

Boridin

I will post pictures as soon as i get back from the auctionhouse tomorrow.

The Indians efforts are very good because the are not getting into the repop market. It is because the have been cutting their teeth making repop TR edgeweapons for the last 30 years.

Picked it up to day. It had alot more patina than i expected, but i actually like it that way. Looks like it has seen some action. The pommel is a little loose and it got a lot marks on the etch of the blade...
    No more stamps on the blade...
    At first, here are, some pictures of the stamps. Anyone know what it means ?
    By the way, it looks alot like this one: Kosaken Schaschka M 1881 Russland Sowjetunion - Abroad - Saber / Rapier - Beck Militaria
    The same stamps: 3N3 37r.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new schaschka.   My new schaschka.  

My new schaschka.   My new schaschka.  

My new schaschka.  

And here are some pictures of the pommel. Of some reason, the soviet markings has been grind away, anyone know why ???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new schaschka.   My new schaschka.  

My new schaschka.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast