Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mystery bag.

Article about: I have for some time been following the site. Now I thought to write the first time, so treat me gently. Has anyone information on this packback? Postwar? Wartime? Purpose? I don´t see any s

Default Mystery bag.

I have for some time been following the site. Now I thought to write the first time, so treat me gently.

Has anyone information on this packback? Postwar? Wartime? Purpose?

I don´t see any stamps on it..

TIA.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery bag.   Mystery bag.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery bag.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mystery bag.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It is not a pack that I recognise as being from WW2, but what it is exactly I do not know.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi,

I have seen something similar, I will have to dig around ( don't hold your breath) but it looks like something to do with German horse gasmask stuff. I will see what I can find but it may not be!

Regards

Jock

?

To recognize the period, we need to see closeup pictures, and please upload them to the forum, that's easy
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi

I have found this, it is similar but not the same yours could be a different model as it shares a lot of the characteristics. Mine is for the M1941 horse gas mask. I have only found line drawings of them before. I do have others that have straps similar to yours but I can't find them at the moment. I will keep looking.

Regards

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery bag.   Mystery bag.  

Mystery bag.   Mystery bag.  

Mystery bag.  

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Hi

I have found this, it is similar but not the same yours could be a different model as it shares a lot of the characteristics. Mine is for the M1941 horse gas mask. I have only found line drawings of them before. I do have others that have straps similar to yours but I can't find them at the moment. I will keep looking.

Regards

Jock
    Lot of same in that bag, is that for M/41 horse mask? Model 38 has much simplier and better quality made bag.

Here is some better pics. (I hope)
    I put some wood blocks in those pockets, measurment for those blocks is about 9x9x2.5cm.

And thanks, Adrian.

Mate those pictures are much clearer, I now have no idea what so ever!

Perhaps something for the Eastern Block or WP forces that made German items under occupation? That would explain the similar techinques retained but the buckles don't look German!

The pics I posted are for M1941.

Sorry to be no real help,

Regards

Jock

Its not a type of horse gas mask carrier that I recognise, but I can see where your coming from. I'll look into it and let you know if I find anything.

I've had a quick look, whilst looking I can across a German WW2 Rebreather similar to the Heeresatmer. The bag looked fairly similar, but it was quite a bad photo, so difficult to tell.

heres pictures of the Pferdegasmaske 41 carrier, they are quite similar.
    Attached Images Attached Images Mystery bag.  Mystery bag. 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast