Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need a translation from a Soviet WWII Cigarette Case recovered from a LA-5 crash

Article about: Need a translation from a Soviet WWII Cigarette Case recovered from a LA-5 crash Here's the front. Inside is an inscription. I highlighted the words as best I could in the first photo. Imgur

?

The pilot SHABAEV had 13 personal victories in the air.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need a translation from a Soviet WWII Cigarette Case recovered from a LA-5 crash
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Egorka View Post
    Do you by chance have the rest of the story? This looks like the first page.
    Unfortunately that's all the seller had when I got it. I asked if there was more, but he said that was it.

Really a shame because it sounds like there was pictures when it was found.

?

The problem is that the end of the story is missing. The transaltion is not that great, but on the end of the page, it says that the circumstances of SHABAEV death were uncovered later by his mates from the regiment. So it looks like this part of the story was on the next page.
    What a pity.

I found this photo of the pilots from the 116 Guards fighter regiment.
    Bad picture quality. But you can recognise SHABAEV laying on the ground.
    I marked him with an arrow.

Need a translation from a Soviet WWII Cigarette Case recovered from a LA-5 crash
    Last edited by Egorka; 12-01-2019 at 11:12 PM.

?

Quote by Egorka View Post
    The problem is that the end of the story is missing. The transaltion is not that great, but on the end of the page, it says that the circumstances of SHABAEV death were uncovered later by his mates from the regiment. So it looks like this part of the story was on the next page.
    What a pity.

I found this photo of the pilots from the 116 Guards fighter regiment.
    Bad picture quality. But you can recognise SHABAEV laying on the ground.
    I marked him with an arrow.

I agree, really a shame that the rest has been lost.

Wow Egorka, that's incredible that you were able to find a picture of his unit. Especially since it's one of him in it.

Simply incredible research. I really appreciate all that you have done.

For those that are reading this thread, Egorka translated the documents I have for a very reasonable price.

His layout is extremely helpful to understand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need a translation from a Soviet WWII Cigarette Case recovered from a LA-5 crash   Need a translation from a Soviet WWII Cigarette Case recovered from a LA-5 crash  

?

Part 2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need a translation from a Soviet WWII Cigarette Case recovered from a LA-5 crash   Need a translation from a Soviet WWII Cigarette Case recovered from a LA-5 crash  

?

Hey Egorka, the only other lead I might have is the tag has the name of the person who found it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need a translation from a Soviet WWII Cigarette Case recovered from a LA-5 crash  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2